What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charlie Strong: 2012 Colorado Head Coaching Search Profile

But there is not much chance of big success, ie. winning a national title or conference title with LSU and Alabama. They can pay, no doubt about it but in terms of growth I'm not seeing it.
Arky was a MNC favorite this year until BP unleasehd the trouser snake...John L took a MNC contender and ran it into the ground. Last year Arky was number 3 going into the game with number 1 LSU in the last game of the season, they were a hell of alot closer to a MNC than you seem to know....

Shouldn't overlook that annuity built in. $1m bucks for life after 65 if he stays until 2015. If I were STrong I wouldn't go anywhere else unless that was in the new contract.

Preparing for disappointment - just like when my lotto ticket didn't hit last night. Still the idea is so tantalizingly good......

Shouldn't overlook that annuity built in. $1m bucks for life after 65 if he stays until 2015. If I were STrong I wouldn't go anywhere else unless that was in the new contract.

Easy to include that in a coaches contact, especially a younger guy like Strong - no one in this administration will have to worry about paying it - it will be the next guy's problem. Call it the global warming clause.

I honestly think that this is possible, because McCartney and Embree made it personal with Distefano specifically but the University as a whole. I would not be surprised if due to a major ego trip, Benson is basically telling Bohn that if Strong is interested for the right price, the job is his.

I still think this is a pipedream. That said, however, I am sure that Bohn would absolutely love to hire a highly qualified home run black coach and tell McCartney to go **** himself.
Totally. In this case I'd say that even if he doesn't accept they'd have to eat crow if the offer went public.

FYI: Louisville Big East exit fee is 10 million$

They'll likely pay more to get out earlier:

The Cardinals were approved by ACC presidents and chancellors this morning and will join when Maryland departs in 2014, sources told the Louisville Courier-Journal. Although required by the Big East to pay a $10-million exit fee and give 27 months notice, Louisville is likely to negotiate a higher fee to leave earlier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/28/louisville-to-acc-reports-say/

Pure speculation here, but maybe Bohn formed a relationship with Strong and/or Strong's agent before Hawkins went behind his back in 2009 and Strong has been high on Bohn's list ever since.

I have a bad feeling this isn't going to happen, but if the offer is true, kudos to Bohn for shooting for the moon. Worse case scenario? All this racism nonsense surrounding Embree's termination goes away and Strong gets a nice raise at Louisville.

He is probably the best candidate, but his teams didn't exactly win in convincing fashion all season (4 pt win over a defeated USM).

Back