What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charlie was right

Shocking to see an SEC team take a risk on NCAA compliance, they are usually so committed to following the rules and having spotless integrity.

post-34193-Charlie-Dont-Surf-gif-Apocalyp-x7Pp.gif

What does Alabama need a guy like Tupoi for? Honestly. I'm kind of glad that's where he landed. It's not like he's going to be pulling recruits that they wouldn't have gotten anyway.

What does Alabama need a guy like Tupoi for? Honestly. I'm kind of glad that's where he landed. It's not like he's going to be pulling recruits that they wouldn't have gotten anyway.

It's a purely ceremonial job title. Tupoi doesn't coach LBs and Kirby Smart is going to change to DC / Inside Linebackers. I think this is a move in response to Orgeron at LSU.

Isn't there a "law of diminishing returns" kind of thing in play here? I mean, how much better can they recruit? Why take the risk of hiring this guy when the reward is relatively small.

Isn't there a "law of diminishing returns" kind of thing in play here? I mean, how much better can they recruit? Why take the risk of hiring this guy when the reward is relatively small.

Saban comes from the Belichick school. Any advantage, however small, will be pursued.

Saban comes from the Belichick school. Any advantage, however small, will be pursued.

That was kind of my understated point with the OP. Saban definitely doesn't NEED Lupoi, and as many have pointed out he is viewed as a liability. However, Saban is willing to do it if it will help him close ONE more 5* LB.

Back