What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chiaverini and Leavitt

That's funny because what I heard him say was.
1.Wanted to get back west
2. Loves working with poly kids, and Wisconsin wouldn't work with him to get kids in that he needed. (Barry wouldn't back him)
3. He had a hard time having every decision reviewed and challenged by the administration. (I took to mean Barry)

What did you hear about his family?
I was told it had to do with a close family member with health issues, this being 3rd hand. Barry <may very well be a king sized jerk_ff.

I was told it had to do with a close family member with health issues, this being 3rd hand. Barry <may very well be a king sized jerk_ff.

Barry's ego is super sized. Personally, it always strikes the wrong chord with me when he has chosen to personally coach the team in its bowl game in the midst of a coaching change instead of giving the opportunity to a top assistant like every other program does.

Look at University of Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez as the AD for an example of what happens with the AD is micromanaging the football program. 2 head coaches have jumped at opportunities to leave to situations that most would have considered downgrades from UW's status at the time since Barry became the AD.

96 and 35 since Barry became the AD

I'd take with a little messing right here .........10 seasons.

and 257 and 79 in BB Sheesh

Barry's ego is super sized. Personally, it always strikes the wrong chord with me when he has chosen to personally coach the team in its bowl game in the midst of a coaching change instead of giving the opportunity to a top assistant like every other program does.

Actually in all cases the players asked for him to do it. He also liked the cash

After over a decade of sh**ty football, I can't believe some would suggest dumping Mac if he makes a bowl. We get a tiny taste of success and people act like this program is a house of cards being held up entirely by one or two assistant coaches. That's insane.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Mac needs to make a bowl to save his job, but if he does that he deserves a ton a credit for turning the program around. Getting to a bowl game this season would be a testament to what George and Macintyre have built here and losing one or two coaches as a result of that success isn't going to undo all that has been accomplished.

Unbelievable.

Actually in all cases the players asked for him to do it. He also liked the cash

And if that's not spin, what does it tell you about how much he is overly involved in the football program on a daily basis?

After over a decade of sh**ty football, I can't believe some would suggest dumping Mac if he makes a bowl. We get a tiny taste of success and people act like this program is a house of cards being held up entirely by one or two assistant coaches. That's insane.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Mac needs to make a bowl to save his job, but if he does that he deserves a ton a credit for turning the program around. Getting to a bowl game this season would be a testament to what George and Macintyre have built here and losing one or two coaches as a result of that success isn't going to undo all that has been accomplished.

Unbelievable.

Your could be right.

And if that's not spin, what does it tell you about how much he is overly involved in the football program on a daily basis?

Well he did coach there for 16 years. And for the record it is not spin. Overly is a funny word. Results do matter don't they? Some need more help and guidance than others. And Bielema? Fans did not like him across the board. Rude dude. And the other guy? Big ten was too tough............academics

Well he did coach there for 16 years. And for the record it is not spin. Overly is a funny word. Results do matter don't they? Some need more help and guidance than others. And Bielema? Fans did not like him across the board. Rude dude. And the other guy? Big ten was too tough............academics

It's the reason that, despite the success, Wisconsin is not high on the list of jobs that coaches want. Barry makes it very clear that while someone else may be the head coach, it is still Barry's football team & program. It seems to continue to work (Barry is a hell of a football coach), but we're seeing signs that it is starting to not work. And Barry, who turns 70 this December, just signed himself to a contract extension through 2021.

It's the reason that, despite the success, Wisconsin is not high on the list of jobs that coaches want. Barry makes it very clear that while someone else may be the head coach, it is still Barry's football team & program. It seems to continue to work (Barry is a hell of a football coach), but we're seeing signs that it is starting to not work. And Barry, who turns 70 this December, just signed himself to a contract extension through 2021.

And the signs are What? And what coaches would you be thinking of? And how does he make it clear. Just a lot of stuff (generalizations) coming from you. Just curious how you know all this.

Current coach is a Badger boy. It's how they lik

And the signs are What? And what coaches would be thinking of.

Current coach is a Badger boy. It's how they like it.

In recent years, turnover of coaches and a slip from where they had been. Chryst was a .500 coach in 3 years at Pitt. He's nothing special.

In recent years, turnover of coaches and a slip from where they had been. Chryst was a .500 coach in 3 years at Pitt. He's nothing special.
Last 4 years
8-6
9-4
11-3
10-3 (Chryst)

Just beat LSU (Chryst)

What a slip

Coaches turnover? Only school in the country that has this. I get your point

I open AllBuffs first every morning, it's a site where I don't get fed a steady diet of media BS. All of the forums are well done in the information they provide...salute. Views and opinions of all vary and with them comes food for thought, how they're conveyed/received is sometimes a different story. I don't have to agree 100% with one opinion or another but always read and try to be open minded, makes things a little more enjoyable. In the end we all would like to see the same thing and the start of a new season brings me hope that I may live long enough to revisit what we have enjoyed in the past. 44 yrs and counting.
The best Thursday I've had in years.
Don't be pulling that "Mr. Nice Guy" bull****, man!

Barry's coaching tree is suspect to say the least..maybe it's a matter of him riding his own coattails. Anderson & Beilema personality wise are polar opposites. Low keyed vs my **** don't stink

Last 4 years
8-6
9-4
11-3
10-3 (Chryst)

Just beat LSU (Chryst)

What a slip

Haven't finished in the Top 10 since 2011 despite the weakness of the B1G West. Looks to me like that program peaked. Still really good, but on the downslope. We'll find out.

Last 4 years
8-6
9-4
11-3
10-3 (Chryst)

Just beat LSU (Chryst)

What a slip

They've also played increasingly easier schedules. Phil Steele had their 2015 schedule as the easiest in P5.

Haven't finished in the Top 10 since 2011 despite the weakness of the B1G West. Looks to me like that program peaked. Still really good, but on the downslope. We'll find out.
I see the same to bad LSU didn't show up and it wasn't even cold or snowing

That was a great point. Very different circumstance (Knight loved Kelly and he gets what he wants). An exception to the rule, too. Usually schools keep the HC and end up having the coordinator hired away. But there's no doubt that in that case it worked out for Oregon.
In that case, they knew that Belloti was near the end of his career and Kelly was at the beginning, and WAS going to get a HC gig. That's not exactly the same circumstances here.

Could it be that JL is better suited to be a coordinator? The dude is wound tighter than a Swiss watch. I could see him flaming out with the added pressure of a HC position. As a coordinator, he can just focus on recruiting and coaching and leave the glad handing and politics to the HC. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Barry's coaching tree is suspect to say the least..maybe it's a matter of him riding his own coattails. Anderson & Beilema personality wise are polar opposites. Low keyed vs my **** don't stink

He does love his coattails

Big Ego.

Arrogant arse from Nebraska. Must be a big ten thing.

Last edited:
Could it be that JL is better suited to be a coordinator? The dude is wound tighter than a Swiss watch. I could see him flaming out with the added pressure if a HC position. As a coordinator, he can just focus on recruiting and coaching and leave the glad handing and politics to the HC. Just a thought.

Good thought

Could it be that JL is better suited to be a coordinator? The dude is wound tighter than a Swiss watch. I could see him flaming out with the added pressure if a HC position. As a coordinator, he can just focus on recruiting and coaching and leave the glad handing and politics to the HC. Just a thought.
I already said this but he's the Wade Phillips of college football! Except for the fact that he was actually a pretty good HC once upon a time. So basically he's just a really really good DC, that we hope is not wanting to get back into the HC game.

Dang it you are right.

And one of those years they didn't even make the top 25. Biellema's last
But the rest top 25 and one of them top 15

Oh for a dream.

I already said this but he's the Wade Phillips of college football! Except for the fact that he was actually a pretty good HC once upon a time. So basically he's just a really really good DC, that we hope is not wanting to get back into the HC game.

Hope so. He loves Boulder.

If MacIntyre can get good assistants now I'd imagine he could get good assistants when Colorado is good enough to lose its current ones to better jobs.
Uhhhhh, you think MM hired JL and Chiv?

Back