What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Brown: "Texas will announce as early as today that it will commit to 10 member

People quit throwing numbers around like you have any idea. We have no clue what the numbers will be. What we can be sure of is that Texas brings a huge fanbase and millions of televisions and thus would create a major increase in television contract revenue, and my GUESS is that the value of the revenue per team will be substantial.

You're probably right. Where I have a big issue is if UT manages to negotiate a deal where they get a bigger share of the TV revenues. This isn't a democracy. It's a commune, where everybody shares equally. That's the only way to make it work in the long haul. It's just like the NFL, where every team gets basically the same amount of funding every year. If we get put in a position where UT is receiving a disproportionate share of the revenues, we're right back in the same boat we just left. That boat was sinking fast.

Getting Texas into the league increases revenue by $10+ million.

Per team? Or in total. Because if that's a total figure, it's less than a million $ per school and UT can go **** themselves with a rough cut cedar post. If it's $10 million per team per year, I think accomodations can probably be made for an institution with the fine academic and athletic credentials of the University of... oh to hell with it. **** the mother****ers..... :huh:

Increasing our revenue by even $1 + ridding ourselves of Texass = pure win, AFAIC.

The events of the last few weeks have me convinced of that now more than ever.

Back