What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly IS leaving Oregon for the Philadelphia Eagles after all

Phil Knight could yank Butch Jones out of Tennessee. Just sayin'

Nick Allioti?

Hell no I would rather have dan Hawkins. Oregon won't win as much under helfrich because he is to nice of a coach. He seems more like a belloti type who will be good most years and once in a while pull a great season out of his ass.

Oregon is introducing Helfrich in a press conference during the NFC title game today. That´s some odd timing.

Listening to the local guys on the radio here, there is definitely some nervousness about this decision. Some people really like the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude while others would rather see Oregon go out and see who they could get.

The danger I see is similar to what we went through with Embree. If Oregon stumbles next year, Helfrich doesn't have a history that he can point to and convince everybody that he knows what he is doing. Of course he has a much better team than Embree but he also has ridiculously high expectations. A 2-3 loss season is a going to look like a failure.

Listening to the local guys on the radio here, there is definitely some nervousness about this decision. Some people really like the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude while others would rather see Oregon go out and see who they could get.

The danger I see is similar to what we went through with Embree. If Oregon stumbles next year, Helfrich doesn't have a history that he can point to and convince everybody that he knows what he is doing. Of course he has a much better team than Embree but he also has ridiculously high expectations. A 2-3 loss season is a going to look like a failure.

Pretty sure Helfrich is the next Tom Osbourne. Expect a 30 year run in the top 5-10 and numerous national titles followed by some time in the US Senate and then he can be AD. Also, some murder cover ups might be in order.

reminds me on the weasel taking over for coach mac

Will be interesting to see. I could also see a situation similar to Solich taking over for TO. Nebraska was a perennial top 3 program when he retired and while Solich averaged 10 wins a season, it simply wasn't enough.

Helfrich to HC and the Scott Frost promoted to OC it appears. This should be interesting to watch. Then again, the Oregon/Nike brand should keep top athletes going there. Whether they can supplement the roster by coaching up 3-stars like they've done in the past should be the difference between 10-11 win seasons and 8-9 win ones. From the outside looking in, I'm envious.

No HC or OC consideration for Bob Stitt on this one, so I guess the jury will remain out for at least another season.

Back