What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chipper: OU To Apply For PAC 12 Membership

Thought this was interesting, posted it on Rivals as well...story just hit that FSU forming a committee to explore their options under various realignment scenarios.

Maybe they are just being prudent, but this doesn't sound like a school that is completely confident UT is coming on board and that the SEC is going to hang tough in resistance to say an SEC/B1G raid. May also provide a wedge for UT to try and form their "new" conference that they've been making noises about as well.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/seminoles/fsu-preparing-for-realignment-possibilities-such-as-moving-1855047.html

D
oesn't really seem to jive with today's UT talking points that their most likely landing spot is the ACC.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the Pac-12++ making any kind of move that could lead to them ending up with TT but not UT in the conference... :huh:

Agree 100%, Tech does not bring a big enough foot print to justify bringing them alone. They would be perfect to go to the MWC with Baylor to help them get to AQ status.

Agree 100%, Tech does not bring a big enough foot print to justify bringing them alone. They would be perfect to go to the MWC with Baylor to help them get to AQ status.

Will this really be a good thing for the Pac-12 if the MWC gets that AQ status? The Pac-12 to the MWC is like the ACC to the SEC when it comes to academics. With a nice run of football success what will prevent them from getting better TV deals over the long run?

Will this really be a good thing for the Pac-12 if the MWC gets that AQ status? The Pac-12 to the MWC is like the ACC to the SEC when it comes to academics. With a nice run of football success what will prevent them from getting better TV deals over the long run?

TV Markets and are you really comparing the MWC to the SEC??? Really???

I think it's a safe bet that once the dust settles with superconference, the NCAA and BCS as we know them will be radically different. The term "AQ status" will no longer have any meaning.

Who does Tech have pictures of that they always seem to be in these discussions? What do they bring to the table?

Who does Tech have pictures of that they always seem to be in these discussions? What do they bring to the table?

If you just go by athletic merit, Tech has a lot to be proud of. On academics, they have a plan and the funding in place to eventually be a Tier 1 research university.

Their problem is that they're in Lubbock, the population in west Texas is declining, and it's debatable whether TTU can deliver the cable systems in Amarillo, Midland, Abilene, San Angelo and El Paso... let alone Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Austin.

that's a slippery slope. OU ain't Harvard but it's at least as good as U of A, ASU, Wazzou, and OSU. Oregon, too. i think the "Academic" thing is way overplayed in all this. as i posted many times a year ago, Iowa State is better than half the teams in the Pac. Cal, Stanford, USC (lately, huge influx of money), UCLA are all excellent schools...UW is kinda in the middle (comparable to your Big Ten type schools like Iowa or Wisconsin)....and then a big drop (leaving CU out to maintain some objectivity). OU's problem is that it's in Oklahoma and not Eugene or Tempe (that have some cultural cache). i lived in Norman for 4 years in HS and it's fine, sleepy college town....but not at all sexy to name-drop.

Hoyt Axton would have told you that Oklahoma is the cultural center of the universe.

I tried hard to find that old commercial... Pizza Hut, I think. Found that very funny back when I was in college. Wish I'd found the clip, would have provided the one thing to swing the argument I am certain.

You may not like OU's "culture," but their academic rating, according to USNews, is right in the middle of the conference (PAC13/14), only a few places behind CU and it is hard to beat OU's football history. 7 National Championships, 5 Heismans... 1st team to top the AP 100 times. Texas pales in comparison there. Really, it is foootball we are talking about here afterall... if it wasn't this thread would be in the Pub, right?

You may not like OU's "culture," but their academic rating, according to USNews, is right in the middle of the conference (PAC13/14), only a few places behind CU and it is hard to beat OU's football history. 7 National Championships, 5 Heismans... 1st team to top the AP 100 times. Texas pales in comparison there. Really, it is foootball we are talking about here afterall... if it wasn't this thread would be in the Pub, right?

hey now, if you are talking to me....i like OU and Norman. when it comes to the Nebraska and Texas's of the world, Boomer Sooner all the way. my mom lives in Norman and while he ain't my dad, she remarried a great OU guy. hell, i went to Billy Tubbs basketball camp. Billy's camp was a lot of fun. i know it's not kosher to like the guy as a CU fan (the whole flipping off incident).....but he was sticking it to Norm and Kansas inna day, and i liked that. Mookie Blaylock, Waymon Tisdale....serious ballers. Skeeter Henry, those guys could score the ball.

All of you pissing and moaning about the new tech/OSU/OU rumors are seriously making me laugh. Somebody has heard the fifty thousandth rumor from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Seriously, pull your heads out of your asses. The one fact I can tell you all is that all of us collectively know the equivalent of a pile of Bevo ****.

I talked with a boomer fan (season tic holder, ear pretty close to the ground). He had a few interesting comments:

- what he's hearing is that ou to the 12-PAC is basically a done deal

- okie lite will prolly come along (in tow)

- he agrees that uTerus is stoking a smoke screen with the "1 game a year in L.A., or else" ploy, as a way to keep the LHN

- that there is a rumor that the 12-PAC will take ou, okie lite, & t-tech, and with the final spot tell uTerus to **** or get off the pot

- another rumor circulating is that the b1g has told uTerus that they would be invited and that they can keep the LHN -- but they won't get b1g network share

- he thinks mizzery is gonna sit tight because when everything breaks, the b1g, the $ec, AND the 12-PAC may come calling; the tiggers think they have lots of bargaining chips

- and, finally, word is that kanzazz and kjsu are so intricately tied that their only hope is to go to the bigLeast together

T.I.F.W.I.W. but fun stuff, none-the-less

Finally, a scenario regarding KU that makes sense. I simply don't understand all the conjecture on this board about KU to the Pac. I don't see why the Pac would be interested in them, and I'm sure that Scott is smart enough to not waste his time on them.

All of you pissing and moaning about the new tech/OSU/OU rumors are seriously making me laugh. Somebody has heard the fifty thousandth rumor from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Seriously, pull your heads out of your asses. The one fact I can tell you all is that all of us collectively know the equivalent of a pile of Bevo ****.

This just in from Chip Brown:

Sources close to DeLoss Dodd are telling me that the opinions of Pac-12 fans are worth about as much as a pile of Bevo ****. Considering that Bevo **** is prized as a perfume or cologne for UT fans, that's heady praise from Mr. Dodd. I can only assume that Texas is leaning strongly toward a Pac-12 takeover.

I'm totally down with OU joining, it will increase the prestige of the conference big time. UT can go **** themselves however.

Why is 16 the key here? 14 isn't kosher?

I'm totally down with OU joining, it will increase the prestige of the conference big time. UT can go **** themselves however.

Why is 16 the key here? 14 isn't kosher?

14 is clunky for scheduling. Really, 16 is too unless you go to pods.

14 is clunky for scheduling. Really, 16 is too unless you go to pods.

****_yo_couch.gif

wtf. won't work.

Finally, a scenario regarding KU that makes sense. I simply don't understand all the conjecture on this board about KU to the Pac. I don't see why the Pac would be interested in them, and I'm sure that Scott is smart enough to not waste his time on them.

While football is the big dog, when it comes down to filling the final few spots in the 64 teams included in the superconferences, having one of the top 5 (easily) basketball programs in the history of the game is going to be worth something to somebody. Possibly even as much as the Lubbock, TX TV market.... :lol:

While football is the big dog, when it comes down to filling the final few spots in the 64 teams included in the superconferences, having one of the top 5 (easily) basketball programs in the history of the game is going to be worth something to somebody. Possibly even as much as the Lubbock, TX TV market.... :lol:

they have tv's in Lubbock?

I thought LS was quoted some time ago as being against 14 teams because of the scheduling fiasco. Have to think it's 16 or bust. I'm hoping for bust. Yeah, it's about money, but the reality is their aren't 4 more "ideal" teams.

Tom Joad is on the road again.

I took another economic disaster and another epic drought, but the family's packed and they're on their way west.

I thought LS was quoted some time ago as being against 14 teams because of the scheduling fiasco. Have to think it's 16 or bust. I'm hoping for bust. Yeah, it's about money, but the reality is their aren't 4 more "ideal" teams.

Starting to get some push from the west to just go with OU/OSU/KU and KSU (if MU decides to go SEC instead of PAC).

Starting to get some push from the west to just go with OU/OSU/KU and KSU (if MU decides to go SEC instead of PAC).

Is the standard to integrate the four ****tiest road trip towns--considering nebraska went to the B1G--from the Big 12? Because if that's the plan they should replace Kansas with Tech, but otherwise they nailed it.

**** me.

Done deal, you think?
Yeah, Wally, I think the boomers are finally and completely fed up with "recent events". Plus, I heard something on the radio yesterday about grant money, etc., for AAU membership. I think David Boren and his posse are starry eyed at this possibility.

Put it all together and I have a pretty strong hunch that ou is headed west.

Back