What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chipster: Texas to ACC gaining steam

both ou and ku have to decide if they want to continue to have the millstone semi-retarded little brothers weigh them down or if they want to move up and on.

Since when has CSU been included in this discussion?

ut to the acc...

perfect. that will definitely make them 3-0 in killing conferences. by the time they are done bending the acc over, it will make what they did to the remaining teams in the former big 12 look consensual.

if ou is smart, they'll go west in a hurry. i love the idea of just extending the invite to ou and then maybe grabbing ku. both ou and ku have to decide if they want to continue to have the millstone semi-retarded little brothers weigh them down or if they want to move up and on.

... should be interesting...

Seriously.... is there really no way KU and OU can leave there little brothers at home? Do OSU and KSU have that much political clout?

Would love for UT to take TT with them so we never have to worry about those ****ers coming into the PAC.

Aggies must be licking their chops at being able to tell their recruits they'll play in the SEC while UT is going to a weak b-ball conference.

Seriously.... is there really no way KU and OU can leave there little brothers at home? Do OSU and KSU have that much political clout?

No. They don't. If KU and OU want to move, they'll do so without their little brothers if that's what is dictated. However, keep this in mind - the Pac likes their natural rivalries. They're big on pairs.

As much as it pains me, I could live with OU/OSU/KU/KSU in the Pac. I think it would suck donkey balls, but it would be a gazillion times more preferable than any conference affliliation with UT.

No. They don't. If KU and OU want to move, they'll do so without their little brothers if that's what is dictated. However, keep this in mind - the Pac likes their natural rivalries. They're big on pairs.

As much as it pains me, I could live with OU/OSU/KU/KSU in the Pac. I think it would suck donkey balls, but it would be a gazillion times more preferable than any conference affliliation with UT.

kjuco state is completely unworthy of admission. the p12 has railed against fresno state and sdsu for years and years. if they admit kjuco state, it will be yet another proof point that they care more about adding tv markets than they do about their academic purity.

kjuco state is completely unworthy of admission. the p12 has railed against fresno state and sdsu for years and years. if they admit kjuco state, it will be yet another proof point that they care more about adding tv markets than they do about their academic purity.

What TV market?

OU, KU, Mizzou and Rice to PAC.

My neighbor's brother knows a guy that lives next to a guy that works for Longmont Dairy as a delivery driver. He delivers product to the relative of a neighbor of a CU regent and has this info first hand.

FACT.

Would love for UT to take TT with them so we never have to worry about those ****ers coming into the PAC.

Meh, once TT is decoupled from Bevo, Zorro brings nothing to the table. Unless Scott just wants into Texass and decides that Tech is preferrable to UH, SMU, TCU, Bailer or any of the other fantastic options left down there. If UT goes east (please sweet baby Teebus!!), OU moves to #1 with a bullet IF Scott decides to expand. T. Boone State would be part of a package deal with them. After that I think KU and Mizzou are the best bets. If not, Tech goes into a big pot with all those other Texass schools, UNM, Boise, AFA, CSU, BYU, UNLV, Nevada, Fresno and a whole bunch of other schools who for one reason or another aren't really worth taking on their own.

What TV market?

the thinking, i think, would be that they get the central time zone and ku is worth the paying the prestige hit you'd take if you pick up kjuco state. ku gets eyeballs in the midwest.

Hold on, Sacky. It's been reported before that ku/kjsu shared certain leadership (possibly regents). After talking to an okie lite alum yesterday, a little known fact came out -- ou and okie lite have a few shared "resources" as well.

The split-ups would be a little more difficult than you think.

Mizzou makes just as good a natural rivalry pair with KU as the purple pussies do. Better, since they extend the TV reach all the way to St. Louis...

OU, KU, Mizzou and Rice to PAC.

My neighbor's brother knows a guy that lives next to a guy that works for Longmont Dairy as a delivery driver. He delivers product to the relative of a neighbor of a CU regent and has this info first hand.

FACT.

I think that's the same guy that told me Shanny was a lock to coach at CU. He's got sources out the ass.... :nod:

Mizzou makes just as good a natural rivalry pair with KU as the purple pussies do. Better, since they extend the TV reach all the way to St. Louis...

and mizzery is arguably a better school.

of course, adding mizzery means the p(16) would have its only member school where alums wear white bedsheets with eyeholes cut in them for fun and entertainment.

Meh, once TT is decoupled from Bevo, Zorro brings nothing to the table. Unless Scott just wants into Texass and decides that Tech is preferrable to UH, SMU, TCU, Bailer or any of the other fantastic options left down there. If UT goes east (please sweet baby Teebus!!), OU moves to #1 with a bullet IF Scott decides to expand. T. Boone State would be part of a package deal with them. After that I think KU and Mizzou are the best bets. If not, Tech goes into a big pot with all those other Texass schools, UNM, Boise, AFA, CSU, BYU, UNLV, Nevada, Fresno and a whole bunch of other schools who for one reason or another aren't really worth taking on their own.

I agree that is UT is not going to the PAC then there is absolutely no reason to take TT.

I don't know why some Buff Fans do not like Okie State. The have been playing pretty good football for the last 40 years and have good facilities. I think they are much more attractive then many of the teams being discussed.

I think the PAC will be very selective and not try to dilute the quality of their product. I expect the PAC will stay at 14 for awhile or go after Schools like KU and Missouri....

You have to remember a lot of TV sets are not going to turn on to see UNM play USC but a lot will turn on to Missouri play USC. It is all about selling content. The Big 12 was starting to see that as an issue when they reduced to 10.

Only thing about Tech...the PAC already has a carriage agreement from the major cable companies to add the PAC network to the basic tier in all its home markets. If taking Tech is enough to get that agreement applied to the State of Texas then Scott takes that deal without a second thought.

We all know that OU and Okie light and KU and Kjuco are connected at the hip. At the same time those state legislatures have no authority over conference decisions.

If it comes down to KU to the PAC alone or both schools forced by the collapse of the Big XII into the MWC or C-USA as much as the kitties may complain the question of the state having one school in the big-time or no schools in the big time will lead to them separating. Same thing with the Oklahoma schools although they may have more options because Okie State has been much more successful recently than KSU has ever been on the field and OU has enough name to have more choices.

In either case the PAC needs to keep in mind that ultimately they have the power and make the decisions, not the politicians or the individual schools. Nobody has to be let in unless they want them but once they are in you are stuck with them, worth considering.

Only thing about Tech...the PAC already has a carriage agreement from the major cable companies to add the PAC network to the basic tier in all its home markets. If taking Tech is enough to get that agreement applied to the State of Texas then Scott takes that deal without a second thought.

I would not be surprised if OU doesn't have twice the appeal in the Texas market that Tech does. Tech alone doesn't justify its inclusion.

We all know that OU and Okie light and KU and Kjuco are connected at the hip. At the same time those state legislatures have no authority over conference decisions.

If it comes down to KU to the PAC alone or both schools forced by the collapse of the Big XII into the MWC or C-USA as much as the kitties may complain the question of the state having one school in the big-time or no schools in the big time will lead to them separating. Same thing with the Oklahoma schools although they may have more options because Okie State has been much more successful recently than KSU has ever been on the field and OU has enough name to have more choices.

In either case the PAC needs to keep in mind that ultimately they have the power and make the decisions, not the politicians or the individual schools. Nobody has to be let in unless they want them but once they are in you are stuck with them, worth considering.

I have to heartily disagree with that. OSU has put together some nice winning seasons but haven't actually accomplished much. They have never won or even represented their division in the Big 12 Championship and I have no idea when or if they ever won the Big 8. KSU historically sucks ass, but in the 90's was a true power and was within a fingernail of playing for the MNC, and even won the Big 12 in 2003.

I agree that is UT is not going to the PAC then there is absolutely no reason to take TT.

I don't know why some Buff Fans do not like Okie State. The have been playing pretty good football for the last 40 years and have good facilities. I think they are much more attractive then many of the teams being discussed.

I think the PAC will be very selective and not try to dilute the quality of their product. I expect the PAC will stay at 14 for awhile or go after Schools like KU and Missouri....

You have to remember a lot of TV sets are not going to turn on to see UNM play USC but a lot will turn on to Missouri play USC. It is all about selling content. The Big 12 was starting to see that as an issue when they reduced to 10.

You know how sometimes people put your gift in a box from another (better) product and wrap it, and then you rip off the wrapping, get excited, and are then disappointed when you actually open the box?

Imagine unwrapping a box that says "Southern California" and then opening that box and finding that some asshole gave you "****ing Stillwater" for Christmas.

I think that drives the disappointment in this case. There's just not enough that's good about OSU to overcome the Stillwater factor.

I have to heartily disagree with that. OSU has put together some nice winning seasons but haven't actually accomplished much. They have never won or even represented their division in the Big 12 Championship and I have no idea when or if they ever won the Big 8. KSU historically sucks ass, but in the 90's was a true power and was within a fingernail of playing for the MNC, and even won the Big 12 in 2003.

Okie state has spent a lot of time over the past few years in the top 25, including a number of times in the top 10. KjSU had a brief fling with success when Snyder was in his first term as coach but OSU has had a longer stretch of success than that was and with T. Boones flow of money it is reasonable to expect it to continue at least as long as he is feeding money into the program.

Okie state has spent a lot of time over the past few years in the top 25, including a number of times in the top 10. KjSU had a brief fling with success when Snyder was in his first term as coach but OSU has had a longer stretch of success than that was and with T. Boones flow of money it is reasonable to expect it to continue at least as long as he is feeding money into the program.

Still doesn't change the fact that your actual statement is incorrect. Top 25 is nice and all but they haven't accomplished ANYTHING recently besides winning a lot of games, but none of them actually meaningful. KSU actually won very important games when they had their run. I totally agree that long term, OSU is a far more viable football school, especially given their resources, but the facts as you stated them aren't correct.

KU would actually prefer moving to the Pac 16 with MU as a travel partner and arch-rival. It's Jon Wilner who has blogged twice now that KU and KSU would be targeted together. I don't know that MU sees the Pac 16 as a good option for them and I can't blame them, really. But it would be fun to have them have to re-live the fifth down in the media game again and again and again.

In looking at it, there are 67 football programs currently (or about to be, in TCU's case) in the BCS conferences. Assuming that ND would cave in a mega-conference arrangement and go to the Big 10, there would be 68 programs vying for 64 mega-conference spots. Everyone currently in the Pac-12, Big Ten, and SEC (including A&M) are safe. Seeing as how the ACC is being proactive and ensuring they don't fall apart like the Big 12 is, everyone there is likely safe. That leaves the Big East and the Big 12 as the vulnerable schools.

Iowa State is screwed. Baylor is most likely screwed as well. Everyone else has a chance, but if I was in the Big East, I would be nervous. Tech, Okie State, and KjSU have to be hoping their big brothers will carry them along, and although of those three, Okie State has the best chance of standing on their own, if any of those schools' leadership have any iota of foresight, they have to be lobbying anyone and everyone to make sure that they don't get left behind when big brother jumps ship.

But, of all the schools that may get left behind, the one that is most incredible is KU. They have to be shocked that they're in this position. They have to imagine that they have to take any life raft that is given to them, and the Big East might be a complete total cluster**** for them, as they'd be in a 20-school basketball conference with most of the schools 1500+ miles away, and with no guarantee that they won't be left out of the football mega-conferences anyway. I have to think that if the Big Ten, ACC, or Pac-12 came calling, offering a life raft for KU but with the stipulation that KjSU isn't part of the deal, they have to take it, politics be damned. They'd be crazy not to.

Let me be the 1,000,000th person, btw, that thinks 6 12-team conferences breaking away from the NCAA would be much more desirable than 4 16-team conferences.

Back