What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Copeland

Iguodala said Melo is the hardest player to guard in the league because once he gets possession in the post, it's over and he'll score since he's really strong.

I don't think people saying he's one of the best pure scorers in the league is far off.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

one of the best? absolutely, especially since there are 360 active players in the NBA.
is he the best? hell no

I will say that he's the best player in the NBA whose wife smells like honey nut cheerios though. I'll give him that much.

I supposed you can make a case if you want your argument to get raped by jg.

I don't consider Melo #1, but if jg wants to waste his time on Melo, I wouldn't mind it. I enjoy reading the advanced stats he brings up.

I don't consider Melo #1, but if jg wants to waste his time on Melo, I wouldn't mind it. I enjoy reading the advanced stats he brings up.

I am saying the exact opposite. If you tried to argue that Melo is #1, jg would probably kill it pretty quickly.

I looked some data up and he is 13th in Player Efficiency Rating** **jg don't kill me if this is a stupid metric.

http://hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx

it also shows I am a dumbass because Curry is lower than melo.

Melo is going to get the PT regardless of his defense because he is a "superstar" name in a league that is driven by superstars. The Knicks pay him a superstar salary and when the Knicks are promoted it is Carmelo Anthony and the NY Knicks. Chris Copeland and the NY Knicks just doesn't have the same impact.

Melo is arguably the most talented scorer in the league. As mentioned earlier he can be a beast down low. He can also shoot the 3, drive with the ball either going to the rim with a variety of moves or pull up for the jumper. Being maybe the most talented scorer doesn't mean the same thing as being the best scorer or best player. Others consistently play harder and smarter and are more efficient with what they do putting them in front of Melo. His playoff record is a reflection of his value as a player but the league will still continue to promote him and as long as the Knicks are paying him the salary and relying on him to sell tickets and drive ratings he will play.

Some family of mine was recently in town from NY, we talked about Copeland ... One family member said he loves him but that he cannot play D at all. Basically was laughing at how bad he was defensively. He watches every Knicks game, so he has some insight but I am not sure if this the prevailing feeling with the fan base.

I always think of David Harrison, and how he was so hyped and is not the league while Cope just worked hard and is now seeing success at the highest level.

Must read Flinder Boyd's article. Fantastic story, fantastic journalism. Congratulations Chris Copeland. My brother and I always referred to him as Chris "Magic Bullet" Copeland. Truly a magic bullet.

I would imagine that based on his performance this season he is pretty much assured a job someplace in the league next year. Lots of teams willing to make room for a 6'8" guy who can score. He won't get star money or anything but unless he screws up he will be playing for somebody.

Starters
Min
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS
Copeland
0-3
0-2
0-0
+11

Not all that great a stat-line, but he did have the 2nd highest +/- on the team. That, and the Knicks won.

Copeland is a great story. You don't hear about many guys making the NBA after 7 years in Europe. I hope he can stick with the Knicks or get a nice contract with someone else. He is a excellent shooter.

Magic really dissed him yesterday....said he is not a go-to guy for the Knicks.....

Magic really dissed him yesterday....said he is not a go-to guy for the Knicks.....

I'm not sure that's a diss. Cope's a quality role player off the bench. He doesn't play much defense. If his shot is falling, he gives a boost. Valuable guy to have on the team, but he isn't a "go to guy".

I'm not sure that's a diss. Cope's a quality role player off the bench. He doesn't play much defense. If his shot is falling, he gives a boost. Valuable guy to have on the team, but he isn't a "go to guy".

if you heard the way Magic said it, you would have thought it was very negative.

Sounds like the Knicks plan on keeping Copeland, which would (about) double his salary from the rookie league minimum he made this year.

From the D-League to various minor European Leagues to one season in the NBA at league minimum salary - signed today with the Indiana Pacers for two years and $6.1 M. Quite the career.

Back