What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Fowler replaces Musberger as play-by-play for Sat. Night Football

I can't stand the guy. Seriously. If that idiot tells me that such-and-such player is a "former" (insert team name here) one more time, I'm going to lose it. I counted once, and he used the term "former (Bronco/Jet/Raider/whatever)" over 20 times in one broadcast. It adds nothing to the broadcast. I not care where he used to play, Al.

I always thought it was creepy when he goes into his soliloquy on MNF it always looks like he's staring at the cameraman's nads.

Never have been a fan of Mussberger. Seems like an OK guy but he never really has had a whole lot of insight into the actual nuts and bolts of what is happening on the field. You would expect a guy who has been around football as long as he has to have a little better grasp of the fundamentals. He also seemed to think he had a brand and a delivery that was Keith Jackson-style quirky and charming. It was neither. It actually would have been better if he was a drinker. At least there would be an excuse for his diction. I do like Herbstriet and think that he and Fowler will be similar in quality to Troy Aikmen and his NFL color guy (Joe Buck?) who I really like.

Al Michaels is a pompous windbag who falls somewhere between a post-stroke Howard Cosel and a current Phil Simms in the hard-to-listen-to list. That said, none of them hold a candle to Boomer Esiason's current daily radio collumn in which he covers everything from Gay Marriage to Putin's Ukraine policies. Why do I need Boomer - friggin' - Esiason's opinion on those topics on a sports radio format station on a daily basis, I will never know.

I mentioned it earlier but Gus Johnson? I can see him being a bit much for some. But I never hear a bad word about him.

I never really liked John Madden, laughed at him sometimes, but he was always the Raider's coach to me. TJ's on field comments to him pretty much sums it up for me...

Back