What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CL34's First Quarter Analysis - First Four Possessions

We have the talent if we play mistake free football, but we have shown we can not do that. We don't have good enough talent to overcome our mistakes. I agree about going two deep and the talent really drops off, that is being proven
Totally agree about playing mistake/turnover free football. That's Mac's message to the team too...but hasn't caught on with them yet apparently.

It's a talent deficit, plain and simple. We simply do not have the talent to make up for little mistakes. Other teams make these same mistakes, but they have the talent to overcome them.

Almost no team at the college level plays mistake-free football. This coaching staff (and Hawkins' staff too, IMO) seem to think that they can coach the mistakes out of the team, but given the limited coaching contact hours in college football, that's just not realistic.

You either need unbalanced classes and a senior-heavy team that has been well-coached long enough to play almost mistake free football (not a formula for sustained success, IMO), or you need to recruit better talent. I think HCMM is only just now figuring this out.

It's a talent deficit, plain and simple. We simply do not have the talent to make up for little mistakes. Other teams make these same mistakes, but they have the talent to overcome them.

Almost no team at the college level plays mistake-free football. This coaching staff (and Hawkins' staff too, IMO) seem to think that they can coach the mistakes out of the team, but given the limited coaching contact hours in college football, that's just not realistic.

You either need unbalanced classes and a senior-heavy team that has been well-coached long enough to play almost mistake free football (not a formula for sustained success, IMO), or you need to recruit better talent. I think HCMM is only just now figuring this out.

We are screwed if he is just figuring this out now. Reload and find someone else.

We are screwed if he is just figuring this out now. Reload and find someone else.
I don't think he just figured this out, I think he knows the talent that he needs. It doesn't take a genius to know you need P12 talent to play in the P12. The problem is getting the talent to come here.

Are we closer than we were? That's what frustrates me is that we can move the ball and look good on both sides at times. I couldn't say that 2-3 years ago. But you are as good as your weakest links and playing guys who aren't ready has continued. Last year it was at safety.

Back