What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clarifying the distribution of withdrawal fees

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Big 12 will evenly distribute any revenue withdrawn from Colorado and Nebraska as part of the bylaws for leaving the conference.

Commissioner Dan Beebe referenced an offer by the five schools (Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor) not drawing interest from other BCS conferences to give Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M all of the Buffaloes' and Huskers' exit fees.

That spawned reports that the offer was agreed upon, which would contradict statements by Missouri AD Mike Alden and Texas AD DeLoss Dodds' on Tuesday afternoon.

Dodds, who spoke before Beebe on Tuesday, said this about any changes to the Big 12's current distribution, including the money from exit fees:
"We do not have any guarantees from the league or our northern partners. There have been reports that there's going to be a special deal for some of us using penalty money or other money," [Texas president Bill] Powers said. "We were not part of that. We have heard about that. … It was not part of our consideration and we oppose that kind of deal."​
Later Tuesday, Alden added his own denial:
During Missouri’s news conference, Alden said, “There is no accuracy to that whatsoever.” Later, he continued by saying, “I haven’t heard that, and none of us in our league would believe that.”​
But Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda confirmed to The Associated Press that all schools will share the withdrawal fees, and the discussion was simply a "good-faith offer."

There may be a dispute looming over Nebraska's withdrawal fee, however. During last Friday's news conference, Nebraska AD Tom Osborne said he didn't feel it was "appropriate" to impose the penalties spelled out in the conference bylaws on the Huskers for leaving.

Later Friday, Beebe said he was "curious" to hear Nebraska's case for the fees being lifted.

More...

Can somebody explain this to this dumb helo driver? That second sentence seems crucial, but I can't wrap my head around it.

It seems that either:

There was a significant misunderstanding regarding the distribution of CU's and nebraska's forfeited earnings (or departure fees).

or...

Somebody got caught with their hands in the cookie jar in violation of the conference charter.

Somebody? Help?

Ever since RSSbot had the sex change I find her hard to follow. Maybe because I'm staring at her boobs but wait what?

where is the "Clarifying" part of this?

Commissioner Dan Beebe referenced an offer by the five schools (Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor) not drawing interest from other BCS conferences to give Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M all of the Buffaloes' and Huskers' exit fees.

Oops, I just got it. I originally thought that "drawing interest" was some sort of financial arrangment. I didn't get it, but now I understand.

Back