What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Class of 2012 Slow To Commit

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Nice article from Jeff Goodman on how compared to previous years the class of 2012 has been slow to commit.

CBSSports.com national recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello has only four of the top 27 players in the country spoken for -- while ESPN.com has four of the top 26 verbally committed and Scout.com has five of the top 29 who have pulled the trigger.

"I had no idea 22 of the 26 were still available," said long-time recruiting analyst Dave Telep, now with ESPN.com. "I honestly can't tell you why that is, but what I can tell you is that big run hasn't come yet."

*snip*

One year ago, 15 of Scout.com's top 25 players were off the board by the middle of August.

They all think it's a temporary thing and that once unlimited texting & calls are allowed, but this should help us. We're biased, but does anyone here honestly think that when most of these kids see Boulder, see the campus and see our new basketball facility they won't want to come here? I honestly think when Caruso comes and checks out our campus and watches us beat the hell out of Cal, he's going to want to be a Buff and team up with Scott & Gordon to give us one of the best recruiting classes in CU history. :thumbsup:

The more it becomes the norm to wait until after OVs to make a decision, the larger the benefit for CU. We now have facilities that make an impression to go with all the things the campus offers. Not to mention a winning program that plays a fun style that got a guy into this year's draft lottery.

Back