What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Class of 2013 – Signed LOI

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=2]Class of 2013 – Signed Letters of Intent[/h]Confirmed new members of the CU Class of 2013 …

[h=2]Phillip Lindsay[/h]Just the facts … Committed March 23rd … Lindsay is a running back from Denver South high. Lindsay is 5’10″, 173-pounds, and has been timed at 4.49 in the 40. Rivals bio Scout bio
What others had to say about Lindsay … Lindsay is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals, but only a two-star prospect by Scout. Rivals has Lindsay listed as the No. 5 player out of the state of Colorado this season, while Scout has Lindsay as the No. 122 running back in the nation. The No. 5 overall and top running back prospect in the state by the Denver Post, he earned PrepStar All-Central Region honors at running back as a senior, despite suffering a knee injury in the season opener. He sat out one game and came back to play in South’s third game (against rival East), but came out after one quarter as was injured again. It was then determined he had a torn ACL instead of a sprain, and underwent surgery on September 19. In those two games, he still rushed for 299 yards on 31 carries, scoring two touchdowns, with one reception for 18 yards and a punt return for 35; he thus had 33 touches for 352 yards, or 10.6 per. On defense, he had 12 tackles (five solo). SuperPrep named him to its preseason All-Midlands team, the No. 49 player overall in the region and the third-ranked running back. As a junior, he earned first-team All-State honors from the Denver Post; his freshman through junior seasons, he earned first-team All-Conference honors on offense (4A West Metro as a frosh, 5A Denver League as a sophomore and junior); he was first-team on defense as a junior and second-team as freshman and soph.
Lindsay finished his prep career with 4,587 rushing yards and over 300 tackles, but missed most of his senior season. Lindsay suffered the a torn ACL injury during Denver South’s opener on Aug. 31 against Mesa Ridge, the same game in which he broke his father Troy Lindsay’s 33-yard old Denver Public Schools rushing record. “Three different doctors told me I had a lower hamstring injury and it was feeling better so I sat out the next game and came back the following week against East and I was tearing it up,” Lindsay told BuffStampede.com in September. “I had 139 yards in the first quarter and I broke a 65-yard touchdown. I came to find out after that I was doing that with no ACL, so that whole time I was just running on a bone. I got an MRI that Monday, got the results on Tuesday and I was in for surgery on Wednesday. It happened so fast, I didn’t have time to get nervous or anything. When I played with the injury, it was not that painful. That is shocking for a lot of people but my pain tolerance is really high. Even after the surgery, it is not that painful. I am already walking on my crutches, trying to get it strong again.”
Lindsay had other offers from … Utah, but also had interest from Colorado State and Boise State. Two factors worked against Lindsay having very many other offers. First, Lindsay was the first commit of the 2013 recruiting class, signing on back in March, which certainly deterred other schools. Second, Lindsay being injured so early into his senior season made him a forgotten recruit as the 2012 season wore on.
In his own words … “Rehab is going well,” Lindsay said in January after his official visit. “I have seven months until I get to CU and it is all about strengthening it and once I get that, I will be on my way.”

[h=2]Sam Kronshage – OL[/h]Just the facts … Committed June 11th … Kronshage is an offensive lineman prospect from The Woodlands, Texas. Kronshage is 6’5″, 290-pounds, and runs a 5.26 in the 40. Rivals bio Scout bio
What others had to say about Kronshage … Kronshage is considered by Rivals to be a three-star prospect, but only a two-star prospect by Scout. 247 Sports rates Kronshage as the No. 117 player out of the state of Texas for the Class of 2013, while Scout lists Kronshage as the No. 133 offensive tackle prospect nationally. The Woodlands played 12 games this season before bowing out in the second round of the state playoffs, and Kronshage was named the Highlanders’ offensive line MVP six times. He was also named first-team all-district and all-city.Here is a link to some impressive video on Kronshage:
http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos-highlights/sam-kronshage
Kronshage had other offers from … Duke, Louisiana Tech, SMU and Texas State. Kronshage also had interest from schools like Mississippi, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Wake Forest.
In his own words … “He said, ‘I like your size, I like your athleticism and I can’t wait to get you up here,’” Kronshage said of his first conversation with MacIntyre. “The coaching change was definitely kind of stressful but I was patient with it and I am glad they finally got a new coach in there. He sounds like a great coach …. “I feel like I am a good pass blocker because we did that a lot, half our plays were passing plays,” Kronshage said. “I also feel like I can get to the second level well.”
Kronshage played in a spread offense throughout high school and he is looking forward to fitting into the pistol offense that MacIntyre plans to run at Colorado. “I feel like I can definitely go in there and do well in that system”, Kronshage told BuffStampede.com.

[h=2]Markeis Reed – LB – (Already enrolled)[/h]
Just the facts … Committed January 5th … Reed is a defensive end prospect from Napa California, who is being recruited to play the Sam linebacker position at Colorado. Reed is 6’3 1/2

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back