What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Classiest Fans in America: Exhibit Z

BuffNut99

Club Member
Club Member
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Already down in the dumps after he dropped two touchdown passes against Texas, Nebraska's Niles Paul felt worse after a group of Cornhusker fans verbally abused him as he walked from Memorial Stadium to his car after the 20-13 loss.
Amid the buildup for last week's grudge match with the Longhorns, Nebraska coach Bo Pelini and athletic director Tom Osborne implored fans to be nice to the visitors from Texas. Maybe they should have addressed the fans about their treatment of the home team.
"It hurts that people were yelling stuff at me. It's disrespectful," Paul said Tuesday. "As an athlete I have to keep my cool and stay focused because I don't want to do something to put my situation in jeopardy."
Paul's experience runs counter to the reputation of Nebraska fans, who are praised nationally for their knowledge of the game and the warm reception they give visiting players, coaches and fans.
Nebraska fans have a tradition of applauding visiting teams as they exit the field, win or lose. And above each stadium entrance reads a sign that says, "Through These Gates Pass the Greatest Fans in College Football."
As Paul walked with family members to his car after the game, he said, several Nebraska fans began harassing him.
"You lost us the game. Texas can have you," Paul said, recalling the taunts.
Paul said one of his brothers acted as if he were going to chase one of the hecklers, but Paul held him back.
Paul said he deactivated his Facebook page Saturday night because a number of nasty messages appeared.
"I can't deal with that," he said. "People kind of use me as a scapegoat and say mean things to me on Facebook for making a mistake that receivers make or being human in a game."
Paul dropped two passes that would have gone for touchdowns. Rex Burkhead and Brandon Kinnie each dropped TD passes, and the receiving corps combined for eight drops.
Paul said the verbal abuse surprised him.
"I have to realize I'm not playing for the fans," he said. "I'm playing for my coaches and the team and I was more upset I let down my team more than anything."
Pelini, like all coaches, has taken abuse from fans when things don't go as they hoped.
Does he ever want to punch hecklers?
"Yeah, honestly, you do want to," Pelini said.
But Pelini said he resists the urge and lets criticism bounce off him. He told Paul to do the same.
"Niles is a prideful guy," Pelini said. "He didn't have the type of game he wanted to have. It doesn't help the situation when that happens. It makes him even madder. He'll respond very well to the whole thing."
I'm pretty sure Buff fans have never done anything like this and would never do anything like this, and we have a guy on our team (the kicker) who has cost us more than a couple games. Totally indefensible.

Every fan base has d-bags like this. Although, I certainly tend to believe there are more per capita in corn country.

we boo when cody goes in, we are no better.

Exactly. I hate the Corn but let's not forget the "wide right" episode a few years back with Jeremy Aldrich either. That's why I hate saying some fans are better than others - we ALL have our bad apples.

Exactly. I hate the Corn but let's not forget the "wide right" episode a few years back with Jeremy Aldrich either. That's why I hate saying some fans are better than others - we ALL have our bad apples.

Yes, but we don't claim that our apples are better. nebraska fans are like other fans, but claim to be different. Somehow that makes them worse.

Yes, but we don't claim that our apples are better. nebraska fans are like other fans, but claim to be different. Somehow that makes them worse.

^^^This^^^

We actually are known to be pretty mean fans. I have no problem with that rep if it helps to keep the opposing fans at a minimum. We don't lie about what we are.

we boo when cody goes in, we are no better.

Doesn't matter, the difference is we admit it, Nebraska fans think their **** dont stink with their holier than thou attitude. And it's complete BS. I have seen far worse from Nebraska fans and players through the years than Buff fans and players.

And, as a group, more tiresome. Hypocritical. Judgmental. Oh. And poorly dressed.

HA! Osbrone had to tell the fans to be nice to Texas!! What does that tell you? It's that there have been problems in the past, and they aren't always so classy! These are the things that piss me off about Nebraska fans. I am not jealous of them or their team, I hate their ****ing attitude!

Unacceptable behavior IMO................I would love to catch those ****ers in the act of running their mouths to a player.

Some kids were talking **** to cody in the student section at the beginning of the last game. Me and Rugged shut them up quick. However, we happily listened to their Big Hawk rants for the rest of the game.

Some kids were talking **** to cody in the student section at the beginning of the last game. Me and Rugged shut them up quick. However, we happily listened to their Big Hawk rants for the rest of the game.
I also happen to think it's a different arena when booing a player during a game and/or on the field.

To accost a player on campus, after the game, is waaaay over the line for such a pristine fanbase.

I also happen to think it's a different arena when booing a player during a game and/or on the field.

To accost a player on campus, after the game, is waaaay over the line for such a pristine fanbase.

Remember these are the same fans who sent death threats to their last AD. **** Nebraska!

Remember these are the same fans who sent death threats to their last AD. **** Nebraska!

Don't lump us all together, I for one would never do such a thing and I also don't call myself classy. I've never heard any NU fans say anything about being the classiest fans out there. I don't dig that arrogant B.S. When gameday rolls around I'll keep my "classy" ass warm with the burning body of the opposing teams QB. Why? Because that's the classy type of S.O.B. I am.:smile2:

Don't lump us all together, I for one would never do such a thing and I also don't call myself classy. I've never heard any NU fans say anything about being the classiest fans out there. I don't dig that arrogant B.S. When gameday rolls around I'll keep my "classy" ass warm with the burning body of the opposing teams QB. Why? Because that's the classy type of S.O.B. I am.:smile2:

Really? Without exaggeration, I've probably had 20 nebraska fans explain to me how "classy" their fan base is. You should try being a CU fan--you'd hear it all of the time.

I remember that Ohio State fans sent death threats to their TE, who dropped a potential gaming-winning TD against Texas in '05 or so.

Maybe you get a pass BRI, plus the amount of time you spend here probably makes you a CU fan anyway. You have to admit the vast majority of unl fans are a smug, self righteous and try to convey an air of superiority.

HA! Osbrone had to tell the fans to be nice to Texas!! What does that tell you? It's that there have been problems in the past, and they aren't always so classy! These are the things that piss me off about Nebraska fans. I am not jealous of them or their team, I hate their ****ing attitude!

We're only dicks to sCUm fans becasue you are such douches. No one else has problems when they come to God's country.

On a fall Saturday when you walk into the stadium in Lincoln and read the inscription over the doorway, do you consider yourself one of the greatest fans in college football? Do you feel pride in that self-declaration etched in concrete?

Or does you bullish!t meter go off?

What is it, BRI? Come clean.

Back