What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clearly, we need to recruit defense.

This is always the rub. The best players want to go to the best teams. The teams that been losing have a hard time getting the kind of kids who are going to make a difference.

Is M2 the right guy. I don't know, I think he was the best option at the time he was hired and I don't think we are going to get anyone better than him right now.

What he needs to do is give the recruits some reason to believe that better times are on the way. I think that he has started that direction. We have beaten the three teams on our schedule this year that we should have beaten, that didn't happen in past years. We haven't gone out and flat quit like in the past even when getting pounded on. We have eliminated a lot of the stupid stuff that made us look like a joke in past years like failing to get a play called or the right people in the game and lined up.

It is also arguable that outside of PRich, CUD, Hendo, and maybe a couple others our best players this year are young guys that M2 has brought in. We don't have close to enough of them but at least they look like they belong in the PAC which is more than we can say about a lot of the upperclassmen on the team.

As bad as we are I do see reasons for optimism. It is very possible that this is but another trip towards disapointment but I do think we at least owe M2 a chance for a couple years before giving up on him.

Correct. we will not land any top talent. I think you see guys with potential brought in, diamonds in the rough, incremental recruiting increases. And at some point m2 gets a signature win. A victory where he shouldn't. And the recruiting gets a little better because of it.

As you stated the dumb mistakes are gone as is the quit. I like this guy and I'd like to see him get three more years with that signature win. If he doesn't we move on.

JC transfers.

A friend of mine works at CU, not an academic, that supports athletics a lot. He says CU tends to let in just about anyone the coaches offer. The coaches unfortunately tended to pick kids who couldn't cut it or didn't go to class at all. You have to go to class at CU. when I asked about JC transfer coming in and helping he indicated this was a tough nutt. Most JC credits don't transfer in to CU nicely, or at all in the case of a PE major. So, those kids are much harder to attract. Just a heads up.

JC transfers.

A friend of mine works at CU, not an academic, that supports athletics a lot. He says CU tends to let in just about anyone the coaches offer. The coaches unfortunately tended to pick kids who couldn't cut it or didn't go to class at all. You have to go to class at CU. when I asked about JC transfer coming in and helping he indicated this was a tough nutt. Most JC credits don't transfer in to CU nicely, or at all in the case of a PE major. So, those kids are much harder to attract. Just a heads up.
Didn't the NCAA tighten up the JC requirements which makes it tougher for them to transfer to any program? This should level the playing field, I'd think.

Didn't the NCAA tighten up the JC requirements which makes it tougher for them to transfer to any program? This should level the playing field, I'd think.
Yeah, they take effect in 2015

Correct. we will not land any top talent. I think you see guys with potential brought in, diamonds in the rough, incremental recruiting increases. And at some point m2 gets a signature win. A victory where he shouldn't. And the recruiting gets a little better because of it.

As you stated the dumb mistakes are gone as is the quit. I like this guy and I'd like to see him get three more years with that signature win. If he doesn't we move on.

To me the signature win is beating Cal. If we can beat Cal this year it helps us recruit against them for the future. As a program we need to work to beat Cal, Wash St., Utah every year.

To me the signature win is beating Cal. If we can beat Cal this year it helps us recruit against them for the future. As a program we need to work to beat Cal, Wash St., Utah every year.

Beat Cal and we can sell a team that won four games including a conference game. It will make it a lot easier to sell the idea that this is an improving team with a chance to be good before they leave. It will also make it easier to keep the guys who are already on the team focused and working at getting better.

While a w against cal should help, how many scholarships do we still have open? I thought we were nearly filled up.

Took a lot of sleepers early in the process.

you are dreaming. Beating Cal would not be a signature win. On the other hand, I am certain we will rush the field if we win, so maybe it will be a big ****ing deal.

Mother ****ing this. Let's take a sanctions hit when we get caught. Bailer hasn't been caught yet.

How long did it takes Briles to get to this point? Was Baylor as much a project as CU currently is?

2008 Baylor 4–8 conf: 2–6 T–5th (South)
2009 Baylor 4–8 conf: 1–7 6th (South)
2010 Baylor 7–6 conf: 4–4 4th (South)
2011 Baylor 10–3 conf: 6–3 T–3rd
2012 Baylor 8–5 conf: 4–5 T–5th
2013 Baylor 8–0 conf: 5–0

you are dreaming. Beating Cal would not be a signature win. On the other hand, I am certain we will rush the field if we win, so maybe it will be a big ****ing deal.

If the buffs win and there is no one there to see it, do the students rush?

How long did it takes Briles to get to this point? Was Baylor as much a project as CU currently is?

2008 Baylor 4–8 conf: 2–6 T–5th (South)
2009 Baylor 4–8 conf: 1–7 6th (South)
2010 Baylor 7–6 conf: 4–4 4th (South)
2011 Baylor 10–3 conf: 6–3 T–3rd
2012 Baylor 8–5 conf: 4–5 T–5th
2013 Baylor 8–0 conf: 5–0
Its always easier to rebuild a program when you have a talent stream in your backyard. We have about the worst situation for getting players that arent looking to be too far from home since Denver is the only major city in the middle of a low population density area.

Its always easier to rebuild a program when you have a talent stream in your backyard. We have about the worst situation for getting players that arent looking to be too far from home since Denver is the only major city in the middle of a low population density area.

I'm not even sure digging for the money and doing a big name hire would do the trick. Here or away. Do any of these kids know, for example, who Jim Tressel was/is? Sure. There parents would tell them. I think the ability to win parents is a big deal.

If we could keep the talent in the state that has left (Thurston, Callahan, etc.) we would be in such better shape.

If beating Cal isn't a signature win for this program then Utah better be. I think we will have Nebraska on our schedule in a few years. There is the signature win you are looking for. I know we aren't beating Oregon, Wash, UCLA, USC, Stanford anytime soon.

Back