What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clemons and Jones........

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
If these two can improve upon today's performance this offense might become pretty decent. Teams are going to blanket p-rich from here on out. If we can have clemons and another wr make some plays along with deehan, that will open things up for richardson.

Thought jones looked decent the times he got the ball.

Also, I thought our safties played better today.

Agree. Just gotta have Hansen put the ball on the money when Clemons and Deehan are running free.

Safties were better. Polk made a nice play separating the ball from the receiver on a long ball. Perkins bit hard on the Lambs trick play touchdown.

Jones flashed some really good runs, put his nose in there and ran through traffic. He looks very similar to Speedy but less prone to dancing in the backfield.

Clemons is the Clemons we have know we have since he got here, elite level talent but inconsistent application, some very good plays and some head scratchers.

Deehan is a good solid classic TE, blocked well, worked the middle well. Had Hansen not missed the pass he would have scored on the play over the middle.

The corners played much better letting the safeties do less covering up mistakes and more playmaking. Perkins bit on the trick play but other than that they were solid.

Hartigan had a nice game, got good pressure without giving up the corner a number of times. D-line took control after that first drive, made the rest of the D better.

O-line got beat on the edges but did well considering the injuries.

Our return game is still weak and the KOs out of bounds have to stop. KO coverage was okay and punt coverage was good.

Clemons is still butterfingers. He had a terrible game except for a basketcatch on a beautiful play action.

I really enjoyed watching Jones. I think he can be a fabulous addition to our offense, we just need to see him more.

Agree, Clemens didn't impress me much today. It's easy to catch a soft pass when you're all by yourself. Hope he gets some confidence and takes that into next week though.

i like Jones but I think what you see from Clemons is what he is. Don't see much improvement coming for him.

Hope that all the negativity re: Clemons turns out to be wrong. The offense is better if he gets some confidence and consistency over the next few weeks.

Hansen over threw him twice, he did drop 2 but hansen was off today.
oh agreed, but div 1 WR's don't drop extremely catchable first downs.... which is what Tclem has done his entire career. Without that play action pass, does Tclem do anything this game?

oh agreed, but div 1 WR's don't drop extremely catchable first downs.... which is what Tclem has done his entire career. Without that play action pass, does Tclem do anything this game?

Probably not. He and p-rich had the drops but it's not a suprise as you say to see clemons drop a few.

I'm gonna step up and defend Clemons. He shows flashes in practice and I think he has potential. The fact that Embo dressed him down earlier was a challenge. If they don't think he can produce, why would he be in play and have the ball thrown to him quite often today? I may be wrong but I think he is playing way under where he should be and where the staff thinks he's capable of. These guys know how to evaluate talent.

I'm gonna step up and defend Clemons. He shows flashes in practice and I think he has potential. The fact that Embo dressed him down earlier was a challenge. If they don't think he can produce, why would he be in play and have the ball thrown to him quite often today? I may be wrong but I think he is playing way under where he should be and where the staff thinks he's capable of. These guys know how to evaluate talent.

Its not a good thing to say a Senior "has potential". The clock is ticking and hes running out of time.

Agreed, Clemons & Jones stepped up and performed well. But Gus Handler stepped up and did a very good job at the center position after Munyer went down.

Last edited:
We need to see a lot more of jones. He needs ~15 carries a game a nd should stay in for at least one full series so that he has the opportunity to develop a rhythm. I love how he hits the whole.

Clemons had a better game than Richardson. Just sayin'.

He did. Let's hope that it's the start of something for Toney. As an ex-Michigan player, I expect him to be pretty keyed up to play at Ohio State this week.

- Was great to see Jones in there yesterday
- Was even MORE great to see Hansen use his feet and a) actually get to the 1st down marker when he scrambled, and 2) keep driving his legs to get into the endzone twice! It really looked like he stepped into the leadership role on offense yesterday...he did whatever it took to succeed.
- Deehan's hit on one of the kick returns was SICK!
- However, my favorite play of the day was Henderson's hit on "Check-down" during the HB pitch QB pass back - where Henderson put his helmet into Thomas' chest right when his fingers touched the ball, drove him into the turf, and then took almost a minute to get back up. AWESOME!!!

- Was great to see Jones in there yesterday
- Was even MORE great to see Hansen use his feet and a) actually get to the 1st down marker when he scrambled, and 2) keep driving his legs to get into the endzone twice! It really looked like he stepped into the leadership role on offense yesterday...he did whatever it took to succeed.
- Deehan's hit on one of the kick returns was SICK!
- However, my favorite play of the day was Henderson's hit on "Check-down" during the HB pitch QB pass back - where Henderson put his helmet into Thomas' chest right when his fingers touched the ball, drove him into the turf, and then took almost a minute to get back up. AWESOME!!!

Loved the look on his face when he got hit on the replay. If anyone has a screenshot it would be worth seeing again.

Back