What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clemson Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Tuesday, 11/26, 9:30 PM MT, ESPN 2)

Condensed game. Skips the the 15 to 5 min in the 2nd half.

This team is so much fun to watch.

I have like 5 different favorite players right now. The passion, energy, and leadership that has been lacking from past years is showing up huge this year.

You see the holes in this team and know teams will find ways to exploit them but you can't ignore how they have found ways to win thus far. I went to bed at halftime last night so just watched that condensed version. I think this is probably Tad's best defensive team with how he wants to create his defensive philosophy. Tad ball is obviously very ugly but I think he has found a team who relishes that and finds the way to win.

Bey might be the best player Tad has ever coached.

This team is so much fun to watch.

I have like 5 different favorite players right now. The passion, energy, and leadership that has been lacking from past years is showing up huge this year.
Yeah. We could easily have 3 "faces of the program." Bey, Wright, and Battey

Does Dallas get more minutes as the season goes on or no? Is the knee still balky?
He is going to need some time, I am sure we will see him more in some blowouts but don't expect him to be back to the Dallas we saw before the injury until next year.

From watching how he moves, both in the game and during warm ups, I don't think we will see Dallas back to his previous form until next year. His lateral movement and his burst aren't close right now. With everyone's struggles against Sims last night, I am mildly surprised we didn't have a Strating sighting. He is exactly the kind of pesky, balls out player that could throw someone like Sims off his game. I will say that Siewert did a very good job of denying the ball to Sims in the last 4 minutes of the game.
Strating played a couple minutes in the second half—we played zone when he was in.

They had no answer for Simms. Did you watch the game? He was dominating everyone the Buffs threw at him except Battey. Unfortunately Battey was in foul trouble all night because Battey was called for ticky tack fouls when he breathed on Simms.

FIFY!

Last edited:
Yeah. We could easily have 3 "faces of the program." Bey, Wright, and Battey
Hey! Don't forget: "May the Schwartz be with them!"

D'Shawn has had his moments helping this team win,too; igniting several runs in games,especially in that clunker-turned-"W" vs, WYO!

Just finished watching the second half (yep, was on tv too late for me last night and only saw first half live).
Was frustrating to see CU down big at two points in the game, yet each time they didn’t rush or push too hard but played their style of ball and came back. Impressive to come back and take over against a decent clemson team. This is the exact type of win that can make a difference in NCAA tournament selection/seeding. If they had lost this would stand out a bit too. They got it done and on to this next Saturday. Go Buffs

Simms for clemson .....I was impressed. BIG body for 6-8; quick, strong, shoots well, active. He will give teams problems.

I love how this team is never out of a game because it’s defense allows it to stick around with anybody.

I hate that this team relies so heavily at times on its defense to stay in games against teams they probably should throttle.

We will probably drop a game or two to teams we have no business losing to. We could also go into KU and get an upset. This team is capable of great things, but they will make us crazy.

Something that was bothering me watching Simms and the way it was officiated is that they were giving him a ton of leeway on making aggressive post moves where he would jump stop (2 steps), shift his pivot foot as he backed in, and then would take another step with that pivot foot into his move. It was probably a travel even in the NBA on most plays when he caught with his back to the basket.

It was consistent with the way it was called, though, so it was on CU to take advantage of that leeway by posting up aggressively when we were on offense. We didn't do that nearly enough.

Condensed game. Skips the the 15 to 5 min in the 2nd half.

I got the full version. Thanks, I had other things going on and couldn't watch the live broadcast. A couple of observations:

1. Clempson is athletic and they moved the ball well, but the Buffs D was very active.

2. I kinda discount the refs comments - we're fans after all - but at about the 5:10 mark of the 2nd half Battey basically waved at another player and got the dreaded whistle. I hope this young man doesn't get frustrated from the phantom calls he'll get this year.

3. The transition defense looked solid. Some of the more knowledgable posters might have a different opinion, but it looked good to me.

4. Judging by facial expressions and body language, our FT shooting took a mental/emotional toll on the tigers. Late in the game there was a different demeanor from their players. I may be reading too much into that one - just an uneducated view from a casual fan.

Anyway, thanx for the vid. I enjoyed it.

Back