What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cliff Branch

dyemeduke

I came to like some posts, but apparently a thread hasn't been started (SIAP though).

CU finally has a Pro Football HOFer in Cliff Branch. Sure, it's not "official" yet, but no senior committee nominee gets rejected.

It would have been nice if Branch got to see this day in person, but congrats to him and his family, including his extended CU family. Go Buffs.

I came to like some posts, but apparently a thread hasn't been started (SIAP though).

CU finally has a Pro Football HOFer in Cliff Branch. Sure, it's not "official" yet, but no senior committee nominee gets rejected.

It would have been nice if Branch got to see this day in person, but congrats to him and his family, including his extended CU family. Go Buffs.
No gold jacket and no ring. He should have been in 20 years ago.

Bout time. His numbers, including playoff, compared favorably against other HOFers from his era like Lynn Swann. I never understood why he didn't get the votes.

Glad for the Branch family but this annoys me for some reason. Just hard seeing a great Buff being celebrated with USC crap 🤮

I went to one of those CU alumni luncheons in 1990. I was 9 or 10. Most of the current players at the time were there and some alums. Of course I was super excited about getting Hagans, EB's and players like that autographs. I was looking for some of those guys and my dad called me over and pointed to Cliff Branch and said you need to go talk to that guy over there, he's a HOFer and the best WR at CU ever. ( I had no clue who he was)

I went over and he spent about 10 minutes with me, wrote a really long note on my pennant, and asked me if I wanted to try on his Super Bowl ring (of course I did!) I will never forget that.

His sister said to tell his kids to always be kind. I'm pretty sure he lived by that. What a great guy. It's an injustice that he's not alive to experience his enshrinement. My favorite player that I wasn't lucky enough to watch play.

Back