What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the report brought good news, this would have been resolved quickly and painlessly. Somebody doesn't want that result and wants to put some hurt on football and the AD. Arguing for 6+ hours means the devil is on the loose
Kroll. He ran on downsizing college sports

I wish I could say I am surprised.

Things surely could have been handled better, that is why you review events. But there is no way any heads should roll at the AD over this.

CU is going to take a molehill, make it a mountain out of it, and then choose that mountain for the CU AD to die on...a clinic on how not to handle a crisis.

I'll go from die hard buff to never cheer for them again if this results in RG or MM not being here
Same here and it's really sad because I could give a **** about professional sports. I watch them because they're sports, but I'll take the college game any day over the professional level. If CU messes this up, and I think that's a 50-50 chance of doing so, I could never support this program anymore.

And yet still there is surprise and anger from the output by the regents today. Lots of posters claim that they know CU does this crap yet are still incredulous when CU does this crap. The Ol' Never Learn Gang rides again.

Oh, the irony if the BoR ends up issuing a statement that MM, RG & PD didn't act quickly or decisively enough on JT.
Yeah. The investigation of the event has taken 4 times longer than it took to fire the guy. Assholes better not be making the AD pay for this!

If the relationship between Mac and benson is as good as rumored I would think this is no big deal but why not approve the extension with a contingency on presidential review before the next meeting?

hopefully this isn't one of those free ranging investigations that try to go off and find other skeletons in the closet.

Annoying for sure, but I think it's a matter of things taking longer than anticipated in putting together these new policies and procedures (with Mac and RG present, mind you), not leaving adequate time for the official process of ratifying the extension today.

top-gear.gif

They had to fight through 97 page report and potential recommendations to Benson on personnel matters.

It is now in Benson's court as it should be. Regents should not change policies nor hand out discipline. That's Benson's job.

They want to see how Benson handles MM situation before they give extension. As they should.

I think some of you are freaking out about **** over which you have no control. This is a process and our elected representatives want to do things that are right for the future of Dear Old CU.

Mr. Kroll may be misguided and short-sighted but I don't think he represents the overall perspective of the body of regents.

I'm not concerned about losing RG or MM over this. They both knew what they signed up for here and they have dealt with the culture and distractions professionally. That's the kind of leadership we need and other universities probably wish they had (**** bailer).

Let this play out.

Optimistic me: I like the fact that the ball is now in Benson's court to make recommendations that the BoR would presumably follow. The statement makes it seem like mostly they are looking to update policies and procedures. The fact that they say they plan to address a contract extension for Mac at the next meeting makes it unlikely he would get fired.

Pessimistic me: Distefano could be in trouble. And while he is a popular punching bag on this site for being late to see the light re: athletics, at least he has seen said light. If he is out, does the BoR control who would be the next Chancellor? And if so, how sure are we that they wouldn't hire someone who is outright hostile to athletics?

Optimistic me: I like the fact that the ball is now in Benson's court to make recommendations that the BoR would presumably follow. The statement makes it seem like mostly they are looking to update policies and procedures. The fact that they say they plan to address a contract extension for Mac at the next meeting makes it unlikely he would get fired.

Pessimistic me: Distefano could be in trouble. And while he is a popular punching bag on this site for being late to see the light re: athletics, at least he has seen said light. If he is out, does the BoR control who would be the next Chancellor? And if so, how sure are we that they wouldn't hire someone who is outright hostile to athletics?

I'm pretty sure that they see the benefit of being competitive in the PAC 12 for a bunch of reasons. Go with your optimistic self dudehead...

Good riddance to the whiny bitches that will quit being fans if that would happen. CU has endeared far worst things.

I am a Buffs fan regardless of what the hell happens because we could easily lose either of those guys even with doing everything right.

CU football has some of the most pancake fans there are. I'll stop being a fan if... That isn't a fan. A fan stays loyal to their team no matter how ****ty they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back