What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic me: I like the fact that the ball is now in Benson's court to make recommendations that the BoR would presumably follow. The statement makes it seem like mostly they are looking to update policies and procedures. The fact that they say they plan to address a contract extension for Mac at the next meeting makes it unlikely he would get fired.

Pessimistic me: Distefano could be in trouble. And while he is a popular punching bag on this site for being late to see the light re: athletics, at least he has seen said light. If he is out, does the BoR control who would be the next Chancellor? And if so, how sure are we that they wouldn't hire someone who is outright hostile to athletics?

I read it in a positive way as well (or just drinking Kool-Aid.) Looks like the contract extension for MM a foregone conclusion, just want to get the DV issue cleared out. This of course means that MM is going to be there, that also means RG will be there.

They are going to drop the blame on Phil. They are also going to say that had Phil responded more rapidly the situation would not have been as big a deal. They will say that had MM and RG been better trained they would have involved the appropriate university offices. They will announce that all athletic department employees have to undergo training (which will be fairly short but satisfy those calling for action.)

Dr. Phil will announce his resignation.

I'm not sure why they would go out of their way to point out that the contract extension will be discussed at the next meeting if they didn't plan on approving it. My reading between the lines take on this is that the contract will get approved and that the regents are struggling with how to handle the public perception of approving an extension while simultaneously slapping somebody's wrist over the Tumpkin fiasco.

And this whole time I thought that using "Labor Day" instead of Memorial Day in the thread title was a joke.

i predict that this will be ok. i read that letter. they want a concrete "corrective" plan. that doesn't scream for any scalps. the leverage they are using is the contract extension. the delay sucks, but this is just business as usual -- they will accommodate the doubters on the board and then get it done.

watch and see. it should be ok.

Good riddance to the whiny bitches that will quit being fans if that would happen. CU has endeared far worst things.

I am a Buffs fan regardless of what the hell happens because we could easily lose either of those guys even with doing everything right.

CU football has some of the most pancake fans there are. I'll stop being a fan if... That isn't a fan. A fan stays loyal to their team no matter how ****ty they are.
And I am. Until it becomes clear that the own university will destroy all the good we have built up over nothing. So what's the point of being vested?

i predict that this will be ok. i read that letter. they want a concrete "corrective" plan. that doesn't scream for any scalps. the leverage they are using is the contract extension. the delay sucks, but this is just business as usual -- they will accommodate the doubters on the board and then get it done.

watch and see. it should be ok.
Take care of people first, then fix the process. It's pretty simple.

Watch MM go to Baylor after next season after his extension gets approved this summer, all while still being owed 10 million from the extension by CU as he laughs all the way to the bank

Watch MM go to Baylor after next season after his extension gets approved this summer, all while still being owed 10 million from the extension by CU as he laughs all the way to the bank
2ca70b3577b577f5beacedf0f93ead34_img-hi-im-earth-have-we-met-meme_236-150.jpeg

He won't get paid by CU after he resigns for another job. In fact, he will have a buyout clause that will require him to pay CU money if he left after the season.

And they just hired a new HC, and didn't he sign a long term deal?

Good riddance to the whiny bitches that will quit being fans if that would happen. CU has endeared far worst things.

I am a Buffs fan regardless of what the hell happens because we could easily lose either of those guys even with doing everything right.

CU football has some of the most pancake fans there are. I'll stop being a fan if... That isn't a fan. A fan stays loyal to their team no matter how ****ty they are.
....... Yeah those Fairweather CU fans are annoying. *Sarcasm

Meh. I don't think anyone gets fired or retired.

I think the long time length was due to presenters detailed and lengthy reports and lots and lots of CYA follow up questions by BOR. Once they were satisfied they announced that they agreed to take up MMs contract extension at next meeting, signaling that this is pretty much over.

After that they are probably arguing about a perceived hole in their policy that never anticipated this situation. The next professor or maintenance man that gets into a domestic situation, off campus, with a consenting adult that has not ties to cu is probably ****ed.

Penn State?
Baylor ?
There are limits to everything. I now feel confident the contract will be extended, but do you really think a bunch of stuffed shirts that have never accomplished a thing outside of a tenure track can't naval gaze and over think this to the point it actually harms the University? One of the first things I learned in graduate school was that politics trumps substance every time. It sucks, but it's academia. And these are politicians who ran to office to influence academia. These guys make PBS look like a Rave.

Last edited:
Calling out remaining die hard fans after the lost decade+ of CU football seems a bit harsh.
There are limits to everything. Human nature is to overreact to these delays but I am cautiously optimistic the AD will be spared.
We shall see.

9News had this story on today for the morning news cycle. They characterized it as the Regents being forced to intercede because MM and RG didn't act quickly enough to take action after an asst coaches barbaric actions.

So glad they tracked this story and have their facts straight.

Edit - this was a much more balanced piece that I believe is from last night - different from what they showed first thing this morning - and it still sucks.
http://www.9news.com/sports/college/cu-head-football-coachs-future-still-undecided/442065942

9News had this story on today for the morning news cycle. They characterized it as the Regents being forced to intercede because MM and RG didn't act quickly enough to take action after an asst coaches barbaric actions.

So glad they tracked this story and have their facts straight.

Edit - this was a much more balanced piece that I believe is from last night - different from what they showed first thing this morning - and it still sucks.
http://www.9news.com/sports/college/cu-head-football-coachs-future-still-undecided/442065942
Good thing nobody watches the news anymore

I read it in a positive way as well (or just drinking Kool-Aid.) Looks like the contract extension for MM a foregone conclusion, just want to get the DV issue cleared out. This of course means that MM is going to be there, that also means RG will be there.

They are going to drop the blame on Phil. They are also going to say that had Phil responded more rapidly the situation would not have been as big a deal. They will say that had MM and RG been better trained they would have involved the appropriate university offices. They will announce that all athletic department employees have to undergo training (which will be fairly short but satisfy those calling for action.)

Dr. Phil will announce his resignation.

This is spot on with what I read! Mac was at the meeting, nodding and agreeing with the Regents. He is safe, and some of the verbiage makes it seem that MM is potentially going to be elevated in overall status among the rest of the school. If the Football and Athletics can become more a part of the overall institution, then amazing things can happen! Coach Mac can be a part of that as well as RG. Instead of us v them, it can just be all of US. Not happy it took this long, but I really think that some overall resolve can come out of this, and I bet after the contract is signed that some major recruits will be committing!

Phil D and David Plati should move on and we should start fresh in those two key areas.

On to the Fall!

Here's the bottom line. The victim (my lawyer self wants to write "complainant") was safe once she told MM. There isn't a hint of a coverup.

People can complain about procedures not being followed, but that's really just nitpicking and ass covering because of the press coverage.

Here's the bottom line. The victim (my lawyer self wants to write "complainant") was safe once she told MM. There isn't a hint of a coverup.

People can complain about procedures not being followed, but that's really just nitpicking and ass covering because of the press coverage.

This is what should be important. Unfortunately there will always be those who seek every opportunity to advance their personal agendas.

Had M2 gone immediately to the universities compliance office and filed a report with the appropriate law enforcement agency there are those who would have held him responsible for hiring Tumpkins in the first place, like he had any idea that this was or would happen.

From yesterday, but I didn't see it posted yet. Very much Captain Obvious statement by the CU spokesman, but it a public fluff statement like that doesn't make me feel like anyone's job is in jeopardy.

From the way I see it, MacIntyre's contract wouldn't be an issue under discussion if the report were all that damning. I mean how can you possibly justify keeping him without extending him? Either he's fit to be the coach here or he isn't so a decision would have already been made if he weren't. Which tells me the whole contract issue is based on entirely different motives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back