What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
According to a notice from the university, the regents will meet at 10:30 a.m. Monday at 1800 Grant St. in Denver. The agenda calls for the regents to immediately recess for an executive session, in which the board will "discuss a personnel matter at CU Boulder and receive legal advice on specific matters."

The agenda also leaves time for "possible board action item(s)" following the executive session.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_30876291/cu-regents-set-closed-door-meeting-report-nears

If all goes well, this should result in putting the Tumpkin investigation to bed and moving forward with MacIntyre's contract along with new long-term deals for other coaches. Very important meeting.

Seems like the Tumpkin issue has settled down and fallen out of the spotlight.

The people with anti-athletic agendas figured out that while it wasn't handled perfectly it was handled legally and appropriately. Nothing there that could be turned into a big deal against Macintyre or the program.

hoping for the best on this- can't read anything into it, in advance... just that they want to discuss a legal/personnel matter... maybe it will all work out.

hoping for the best on this- can't read anything into it, in advance... just that they want to discuss a legal/personnel matter... maybe it will all work out.

They hired a private legal team to investigate the handling of the tumpkin issue. They are likely hearing that teams findings and deciding which direction to go next.

what's being said ? work block anything tweet related so I can read half the stuff being posted -

what's being said ? work block anything tweet related so I can read half the stuff being posted -

MacIntyre's extension was approved and signed. They then fired him, triggering a massive lump sump payment. 24 minutes later they rehired him to a contract 34.6% higher than the contract that he was under a couple hours ago. In other words, not much is happening other than typical CU situation management stuff.

Why do I always have the feeling that the regents are the enemy of the university? And I'm not talking about just the athletic department. Is my animosity unjustified?

Why do I always have the feeling that the regents are the enemy of the university? And I'm not talking about just the athletic department. Is my animosity unjustified?

I haven't felt that way in recent years. For the most part, it's been a good board for a while imo. I can't think of anything that we wanted to get done that they have obstructed. In fact, they've been instrumental in a lot of good things that have happened under Benson and RG for the university and the AD.

The regents are elected officials. Of course your animosity is not unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back