What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of experts in here supposedly. If Phil needs to go, so be it. RG and MMac shouldn't be fired, that's a ****ing joke. Fix the damn policy, make it known to the staff about what action to take in situations, then end this bull****.
Yep

giphy.gif
Mr. Hankey looks like he's been hanging out with Towelie.

CU made at least 1 good PR move by delaying until May. I didn't realize that April is "Sexual Assault Awareness Month". http://www.colorado.edu/today/2017/04/13/sexual-assault-awareness-month-supporting-survivors

yes. and also as i posted way back.....CU always puts PR stuff out *after* school ends. and Boulderites are all fat and happy to have the pesky students gone.....not paying attention so much.

good example: a decade ago the Grandview houses were a celebrity cause around Boulder....and CU waited it out....announced they were razing a few of them. did it.....middle of May. no real public outcry whatsoever....while the issue had been "hotting up" all Spring with local Boulder preservation people. CU threw the card right under the door....and Boulderites were all at happy hour on the Mall.

Is there any indication at all on how long we are going to have to wait? This is ridiculous. I hope all Buffs fans have called the University and made it clear they are frustrated and if the witch hunt doesn't stop, CU can forget donations from them as well.

Is there any indication at all on how long we are going to have to wait? This is ridiculous. I hope all Buffs fans have called the University and made it clear they are frustrated and if the witch hunt doesn't stop, CU can forget donations from them as well.
All I know is I am not buying season tickets until this is resolved.

Resolved as in just finished or resolved as finished in how you want it finished? Will you buy season tickets if George and MacIntyre are burned at the stake?
Well, so much for multiquote...

Anyway, I don't see how you can possibly hold the HC and the AD further accountable when they did what any reasonable employer would want them to do: in turn, they each went to their boss and said "Hey, I've been made aware of this really screwed up situation that colors outside the lines. I need your help handling it correctly."

While I am glad CU is no Baylor, you also can't let the PC above everything else crowd win just because of their moral outrage. If CU terminates either MM or RG over this, it demonstrates CU values political correctness over doing your job how any normal person would evaluate their actions at a professional level. If they are willing to subject the AD as a whole to that standard, then there is no point in my efforts to financially support the AD while it is so easily cast aside by its own university.

Last edited:
Even if it's the right to do?
Everything (for me at least) is based on what we know today. Phil's public apology makes it very clear it was brought to his attention, and when given the chance to reflect on it, he felt like he handled it improperly. All of this happened in less than six weeks.

Unless something new comes out, I feel very comfortable in my belief that MM and RG handled this as well as they could while taking the advice of their boss(es).

Just fix whatever was not handled well and keep it moving. Make the process of this kind of situation very specific and get everybody on the same page.

We're frustrated because we are very engaged football fans. But we are a large minority. 99% of folks in Colorado and elsewhere are either unaware of this issue or don't pay much attention. Now, if some blockbuster decision comes out that may change. But, for now, I think we, on this board, are probably the only ones who give this issue much attention.

We're frustrated because we are very engaged football fans. But we are a large minority. 99% of folks in Colorado and elsewhere are either unaware of this issue or don't pay much attention. Now, if some blockbuster decision comes out that may change. But, for now, I think we, on this board, are probably the only ones who give this issue much attention.
I can guarantee opposing coaches know all about it and could very well be a contributor to the slow start in recruiting this year (among other issues - such as the coaching turnover which lost relationships, and then the slow hiring process).

I can guarantee opposing coaches know all about it and could very well be a contributor to the slow start in recruiting this year (among other issues - such as the coaching turnover which lost relationships, and then the slow hiring process).
To me, that only would become a problem if this continues to linger or if the outcome is negative.

If CU terminates either MM or RG over this, it demonstrates CU values political correctness over doing your job how any normal person would evaluate their actions at a professional level. If they are willing to subject the AD as a whole to that standard, then there is no point in my efforts to financially support the AD while it is so easily cast aside by its own university.
This. I am tired of waiting for CU to pull its collective thumbs out. If they hamstring FB over this, I will have reached my limit.

This came at the worst time possible...after we finally got out of that decade long slump. I came pretty close to giving up on college sports all together before last season and removing RG & MM would be the final nail in the coffin for college sports for me.

To me, that only would become a problem if this continues to linger or if the outcome is negative.
DBT, go back and check the comments on how folks find recruiting has started off this year vs. last. We should be killing it right now and we are not. This isn't the only reason, but it is hard to believe it isn't part of the reason.

Now, that isn't to say the university isn't smart to do the appropriate level of due diligence. I wouldn't want CU sweeping truly bad actions under the rug - that makes us no better than ****bailor and Pedo State. I do believe that if those truly bad actions existed, they would have already been found and dealt with accordingly.

Can we all agree that **** Joe Tumpkin? Like seriously, **** that guy.
Yes, but just because he is a douche doesn't mean anyone at CU did anything wrong. For the 100th time, accusations don't prove guilt. Once charges were filed we fired him. Period. If they get rid of Mac or RG, I say goodbye to CU football forever. And that will be tough to do, love my Buffs.

DBT, go back and check the comments on how folks find recruiting has started off this year vs. last. We should be killing it right now and we are not. This isn't the only reason, but it is hard to believe it isn't part of the reason.

So, for those of you who are gurus on the topic, is CU significantly behind in recruiting at this point? 5 recruits? Is that a low number for CU and its peers roughly 10 months before signing day?

So, for those of you who are gurus on the topic, is CU significantly behind in recruiting at this point? 5 recruits? Is that a low number for CU and its peers roughly 10 months before signing day?

Compared to last year, yes. Compared to most P5 programs, no. If you want to be in on the higher caliber players, it's about normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back