What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for those of you who are gurus on the topic, is CU significantly behind in recruiting at this point? 5 recruits? Is that a low number for CU and its peers roughly 10 months before signing day?
Compared to last year, yes. Compared to most P5 programs, no. If you want to be in on the higher caliber players, it's about normal.
We are 40th nationally and 6th in the Pac 12 (per Rivals) coming off a 10 win season, ranked in the final polls, and winning the south division.

I am the first to say it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. It is fair to say we aren't punching above our expected class right now.

We are 40th nationally and 6th in the Pac 12 (per Rivals) coming off a 10 win season, ranked in the final polls, and winning the south division.

I am the first to say it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. It is fair to say we aren't punching above our expected class right now.

We are now 32nd and 5th with the recruit from TX we got got. Alabama is currently ranked 31st by Rivals. Saban must suck.

So, for those of you who are gurus on the topic, is CU significantly behind in recruiting at this point? 5 recruits? Is that a low number for CU and its peers roughly 10 months before signing day?
Not a guru, but certainly seems to be a slower start, certainly coming off such a great season and still pimping the facilities. Remember Chev got us all fired up last season as he took Texas and social media by storm. Maybe some of that has lost its new shine but it seems that we are still in on top tier talent. Maybe the above topic has taken its toll; as we still have a lot of offers to less-recognized talent as well which maybe indicates that MM, despite last year's success, is not abandoning his recruiting model?

Not a guru, but certainly seems to be a slower start, certainly coming off such a great season and still pimping the facilities. Remember Chev got us all fired up last season as he took Texas and social media by storm. Maybe some of that has lost its new shine but it seems that we are still in on top tier talent. Maybe the above topic has taken its toll; as we still have a lot of offers to less-recognized talent as well which maybe indicates that MM, despite last year's success, is not abandoning his recruiting model?
So now we are complaining about having 6 commits in April. Unbelievable.

We are now 32nd and 5th with the recruit from TX we got got. Alabama is currently ranked 31st by Rivals. Saban must suck.
If you are going to troll, try harder. We finished 32nd in 2017 and sit at 40th for 2018 when we should be experiencing a pop from last year and clearly aren't. They typically don't update the databases until overnight. You can argue with me about where we stand "now" tomorrow.

I guess I don't understand the situation, or maybe it's you. My understanding is that the CU administration and coaching staff are being held hostage by the Regents, but you all are bailing on CU if they force firings? Shouldn't you be bailing on the Regents? Please explain.

Seems like as good a place for this video as "mildly funny" thread.

3c5f503a9d8d0a2404720e71a2cd21e0.jpg

If you are going to troll, try harder. We finished 32nd in 2017 and sit at 40th for 2018 when we should be experiencing a pop from last year and clearly aren't. They typically don't update the databases until overnight. You can argue with me about where we stand "now" tomorrow.

You are retarded. When I posted I was looking at the 2018 Rivals team standings. We were at 32 showing 6 commits. This morning we are showing 6 commits and 32nd. Oklahoma State is sitting at tied for 29th with 6 commits. I guess their big season didn't generate any buzz either. We have 6 verbals and it is April. The only other Pac12 team with more verbals at this point is Washington with 7. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams

You are retarded. When I posted I was looking at the 2018 Rivals team standings. We were at 32 showing 6 commits. This morning we are showing 6 commits and 32nd. Oklahoma State is sitting at tied for 29th with 6 commits. I guess their big season didn't generate any buzz either. We have 6 verbals and it is April. The only other Pac12 team with more verbals at this point is Washington with 7. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams
Do you speak to your mother with that mouth? My golly, gosh, nincompoop! I am truly taken back!

Educate yourself beyond the number of current commits. Look at the pipeline of recruits showing interest. Compare the quality coming in this weekend vs. the event we had last year at this time.

name-calling-demotivational-poster-1226287198.gif

I wrote an email to the head of the ticket office voicing my frustration. Made it clear my frustration is in no way with the athletic department, but with the regents. Hoping if enough people contact them it will put pressure on the regents.

He responded and thanked me.

I wrote an email to the head of the ticket office voicing my frustration. Made it clear my frustration is in no way with the athletic department, but with the regents. Hoping if enough people contact them it will put pressure on the regents.

He responded and thanked me.

Why not write the regents and Benson?

Ticket office?!? Hahaha. Might as well write your local cinemaplex to tell them how disappointed you are about La La Land missing out on the academy award for best picture.

Why not write the regents and Benson?

Ticket office?!? Hahaha. Might as well write your local cinemaplex to tell them how disappointed you are about La La Land missing out on the academy award for best picture.
Regents obviously don't care. Getting enough people to complain to the athletic dept could put extra pressure on the regents

Regents obviously don't care. Getting enough people to complain to the athletic dept could put extra pressure on the regents

Depends on what you say and how you say it.

The regents and Benson can be reasonable.

All of this crap is the main reason I have rarely sent a dime to CU or the CUAD, other than a fairly respectable donation targeted to the Cross Country/Track program a few years ago. Wetmore is God. Besides that, and overall, this institution is impossible to like. And I keep getting vindicated over time. I paid tuition. I got my degree. Done. Thanks and good luck. You are ****ing horrible.

All of this crap is the main reason I have rarely sent a dime to CU or the CUAD, other than a fairly respectable donation targeted to the Cross Country/Track program a few years ago. Wetmore is God. Besides that, and overall, this institution is impossible to like. And I keep getting vindicated over time. I paid tuition. I got my degree. Done. Thanks and good luck. You are ****ing horrible.

Oh, BTW, this was generic and not meant for Leftybuff...

I point out CU's perpetual institutional weaknesses and therefore I hate MYSELF? Trust me, I don't. You've said this before Duff Man. Didn't understand it then and I don't now. Whatever. I wish the students and the student-athletes all the best, but the school itself is a constant rolling train wreck. Not academically, but functionally. If that isn't obvious to you I don't know what to say.

I point out CU's perpetual institutional weaknesses and therefore I hate MYSELF? Trust me, I don't. You've said this before Duff Man. Didn't understand it then and I don't now. Whatever. I wish the students and the student-athletes all the best, but the school itself is a constant rolling train wreck. Not academically, but functionally. If that isn't obvious to you I don't know what to say.

I think the school manages to do plenty of dumb stuff, but "impossible to like" and "****ing horrible?" Seems rather harsh.

I think the school manages to do plenty of dumb stuff, but "impossible to like" and "****ing horrible?" Seems rather harsh.

Harsh but true. And I'll still be going ape**** for the football team next season because they signed on and they are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back