What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh but true. And I'll still be going ape**** for the football team next season because they signed on and they are here.

Maybe someday your comments will be more "true" when it comes to other matters on this board. Either way, I look forward to the next random comment in a few months.

Maybe someday your comments will be more "true" when it comes to other matters on this board. Either way, I look forward to the next random comment in a few months.

Trust me, I'll never gloat about being right. It would be unseemly.

I guess I don't understand the situation, or maybe it's you. My understanding is that the CU administration and coaching staff are being held hostage by the Regents, but you all are bailing on CU if they force firings? Shouldn't you be bailing on the Regents? Please explain.
When I first read your post, I sat back in my chair and thought through what you are saying.

The reality is that while the AD is mostly financially independent of the University itself, it cannot thrive without a supportive environment from the University. The University needs a strong athletic department as well. Benson roundly ignored our mediocre football team getting incrementally worse each year until it reached a point where university donations were down. Mega-donors started closing up their wallets because they were tied of being embarrassed and made fun of at the country club. Then he stepped in and suddenly, Phil was generally supportive of the AD - magic!

If the university doesn't believe their are financial ramifications to their decisions regarding the AD, then they won't care. It is as simple as that.

696.gif

When I first read your post, I sat back in my chair and thought through what you are saying.

The reality is that while the AD is mostly financially independent of the University itself, it cannot thrive without a supportive environment from the University. The University needs a strong athletic department as well. Benson roundly ignored our mediocre football team getting incrementally worse each year until it reached a point where university donations were down. Mega-donors started closing up their wallets because they were tied of being embarrassed and made fun of at the country club. Then he stepped in and suddenly, Phil was generally supportive of the AD - magic!

If the university doesn't believe their are financial ramifications to their decisions regarding the AD, then they won't care. It is as simple as that.
My point was only that the regents are holding this sword over the school, both the administration and AD, and not really understanding the frustration people have with the school since the regents are doing the damage.

You are retarded. When I posted I was looking at the 2018 Rivals team standings. We were at 32 showing 6 commits. This morning we are showing 6 commits and 32nd. Oklahoma State is sitting at tied for 29th with 6 commits. I guess their big season didn't generate any buzz either.

Oklahoma State has had this type of season for a decade....where they have been competing for conference titles and winning sometimes...... they have been recruiting Texas and Dallas like bitches. we are the ones who had a "big season"...based on past results.

Mods change the thread title. Everyday when I log in. I think another damn mtg??

Yes mods, change it for the benefit of those with no memory skills. Capitulate to their demands. Oh wait, never mind, they won't remember anyway.

Can we add the year to the date in the thread title? This may run into 2018, and I think it would be good to be clear on the issue. Thanks in advance.

^^^ What the heck was that?

As long as we're changing the thread title, can it please include references to barn animals, dead and ****ed along with the regents. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back