What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Abatemarco is leaving

Is that gunna hurt our recruiting?

Somewhat maybe. He wasn't able to recruit off campus last year due to his demotion to head of player development (I think that was his position), so he wasn't on the road for us at all. Rodney took his spot as assistant coach, so he was the one out and about for us last year in addition to Tad.

Is that gunna hurt our recruiting?

Probably a little. He had a ton of connections and worked hard on the recruiting trail, but his role also changed last year and he wasn't on the road. The recruiting updates now rarely mention him, where even a year ago it seemed like every CU target was talking about Coach A. Tad and the staff did a pretty good job preparing for this one, and with back to back tournament appearances, kids want to hear from ANY CU coach.

Good luck to him. He has been a great coach for us, and I hope he finds more success in the future.

I'm very thankful for what Coach A did for the program and wish him all the best.

Good luck to him. Liked having him on the staff.

REP to the one who can name the team and head coach he was with that won a National Title.

Not surprised, but still a little sad. I love Coach A. Kick some ass at LMU Tommy!

He will be missed. Tad has been lucky up until now that his staff has remained intact. Time to see how well he recruits assistant coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't he basically head of basketball operations ? Sounds like we'll be hiring an administrative type guy

He will be missed. Tad has been lucky up until now that his staff has remained intact. Time to see how well he recruits assistant coaches.

I have to think there will be a line around the door of people who want to be associated with this program right now.

Very best of luck to Coach A. Like everyone has said, we kinda saw this coming for awhile now.

Best thing he did: A spotted Dre and kept the connection with him, until Tad was hired.

Tad established his rep in hiring assistants, when he signed up Billups, then promoted him.

Sorry to see A leave, but looking at his resume, he is a rolling stone! Would like to think he introduced the remaining CU staff to many of his connections.

This seems like a big loss to me. But Tad could basically burn down the CEC without losing my trust at this point. I'll miss Tom.

Back