What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Crowder has passed away

Coach Crowder's was a life well lived!

Thanks to Oklahoma for producing such a man, and thanks to Eddie for bringing his talents to Colorado.

Truly a great Buff and a great man. He will be missed; thankfully his legacy lives on in Boulder and beyond.

Rest in Peace, Coach.

Eddie put us (CU) back on the map. My cousin played for him at CU back in the days of the Big 8 (69-72) and he always had good things to say about Mr. Crowder. A huge loss for the school and Colorado.

I was stunned last night to realize that when he stepped down as head coach at CU he was only in his early-mid 40s. I had always heard him discussed as such a legendary figure who accomplished so much that I guess I always assumed he was much older at the time he stepped down...

I was stunned last night to realize that when he stepped down as head coach at CU he was only in his early-mid 40s. I had always heard him discussed as such a legendary figure who accomplished so much that I guess I always assumed he was much older at the time he stepped down...

FWIW, the legendary Allbuffs post leader is in his early-mid 40's.

His only black mark was trying to hire "SATAN" I mean Tom Osborne away from NEBRASKA in the late 70's.

His only black mark was trying to hire "SATAN" I mean Tom Osborne away from NEBRASKA in the late 70's.

Was only trying to save him from the dark side, kinda like saving- um-- teh guy who turns into Darth Vader before he succombs to evil. Just like the movie, did not succeed there either.

Some Star Wars nut can fill the in the name for me.:smile2:

I honestly believe without him playing QB in 1952 for the Sooners, Billy Vessels would not have won the Heisman trophy......

Back