What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Embree with the Bling

That show is awful in the States.

The US version? They just don't have any chemistry and they are trying too hard to be like the british version. I also watch the BBC torrents not the BBC amercia version.

Oh and Jens it's also funny in the States that everyone thinks my car's model is a Kompressor.

abs,

Does the Maserati come standard for more leg room now? I remember it used to be that athletes would custom order them stretched a bit.

That's a beautiful car. Sticker price is right with the Porsche, though. My biggest thing holding me back on this to begin with is the thought of little kids trashing the back seat. What do you think of the Lexus LS for about half the price?

The US version? They just don't have any chemistry and they are trying too hard to be like the british version. I also watch the BBC torrents not the BBC amercia version.
Yeah. The UK version is good but the US, I don't know what about it but it's just terrible.

How are the cars marketed in Germany? The name Daimler almost never appears in any advertising, marketing or official copy in the US.

Mercedes Benz is the car, bus, truck etc. division whereas the parent company is the Daimler AG.

I live bang in the middle between their HQs in Untertürkheim and one of their largest factories in Sindelfingen and as you can imagine, quite a few jobs in this area depend on them one way or the other. My mother does the accounting, among other things, for a Daimler supplier and she usually isn´t very complimentary of their business model as they basically sometimes use their suppliers as banks and leave them out of pocket for up to 6-7 weeks.

abs,

Does the Maserati come standard for more leg room now? I remember it used to be that athletes would custom order them stretched a bit.

That's a beautiful car. Sticker price is right with the Porsche, though. My biggest thing holding me back on this to begin with is the thought of little kids trashing the back seat. What do you think of the Lexus LS for about half the price?

If you can handle the depriciation of a Maser step up.
2010_astonmartin_rapide_1.jpg

Don't like the car, but I also doubt it is his. Bet it is a dealer loaner from a freindly donor.

Embo just got here a few days ago, I doubt getting a new car has been high on his to do list....but he does need wheels while he is here.

My biggest thing holding me back on this to begin with is the thought of little kids trashing the back seat.
Oh man....when I worked at Waterway, I can't count how many beutiful cars I saw get absolutly trashed by little kids.

abs,

Maser is as big as the Panemra and comparable to the standard length 7's and S's width is a bit of and issue though, but then the Panamera only sits 4 total so it isnt a fair comparison.

As for an LS? personally I'd go with an AWD with 21+ inch rims, which could work in in coach land. I quite like how they look, they have more technology in them than ever necessary, and they are easily the most reliable of the big luxury cars. Not sure it is a recruiters ride, but for what it costs, if the numbness of the car doesn't bother you it is a good one.

If you can handle the depriciation of a Maser step up.
2010_astonmartin_rapide_1.jpg

Best looking 4 door bar none.

Depreciation is Maser bad though on a car that is almost twice as much.

Edit: I'll take the girl though.

Don't like the car, but I also doubt it is his. Bet it is a dealer loaner from a freindly donor.

Embo just got here a few days ago, I doubt getting a new car has been high on his to do list....but he does need wheels while he is here.

This. I would be really surprised if this were actually Embree's ride.

Best looking 4 door bar none.

Depreciation is Maser bad though on a car that is almost twice as much.

Edit: I'll take the girl though.

Understood. Almost bought the wife a GranTurismo last time we were in Vegas, not a better looking car out there, but I have better ways to waste money than depreciation. Emotion almost got me.

On a related note, my wife has decided that she is sick of driving a "mom car". The Subaru Forester turbo she's driving has been a heck of a good car and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size SUV. But she's over it. It's pretty much decided (by her) that she is going to get a Cooper Mini turbo when the new model year comes out in 2011. Will I be able to fit in that thing?

On a related note, my wife has decided that she is sick of driving a "mom car". The Subaru Forester turbo she's driving has been a heck of a good car and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size SUV. But she's over it. It's pretty much decided (by her) that she is going to get a Cooper Mini turbo when the new model year comes out in 2011. Will I be able to fit in that thing?

We have one if you'd like to check it out. How big are you?

I think you will fit just fine in the front seat. I think the mini coops are going AWD. That true? If so, that would be one hell of a snow car.

I think you will fit just fine in the front seat. I think the mini coops are going AWD. That true? If so, that would be one hell of a snow car.

The new Mini CountryMan is going all-wheel the smaller ones are staying FWD to the best of my knowledge.

Not much in the way of clearance, but it should help on slick roads with the proper tires.

Not much in the way of clearance, but it should help on slick roads with the proper tires.

Countryman has more clearance, but clearance has always been over rated. It is very rare that 6 inches of standing snow would be anywhere on a road.

Countryman has more clearance, but clearance has always been over rated. It is very rare that 6 inches of standing snow would be anywhere on a road.

agreed. my suby is much better on the snow than most big trucks.

Rolls-Royce-Phantom-Black-1-lg.jpg

Rolls Royce Phantom 4 D is sharp, but ridiculously beyond my reach.

Does anyone have a good or funny but credible explanation about why huge rims and thin tires are desirable? (If you have to ask, you are too old)

I don't get the appeal of having huge rims that you can see through, accept for the utility of keeping someone from effectively hiding behind the car when it's parked. Here's an eggagerated example of what I'm asking about. I saw one of these at my neighborhood gas station and left puzzled.

logo(232).JPG

Closer example - 22 inch chrome rims
rims.jpg

closer, yet.
2318815160_c419963ebd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Count that as the first negative against Embo. The Panamera is the most useless they´ve ever built. It´s basically neither a sports car, nor a sedan. **** VW for that takeover anyway. Bastards.
Looks hideous, should of gone with the Aston Martin Rapide.

Back