What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Mac's son Jay

Hugegroove

Club Member
Club Member
Will play at Monarch High. According to the DP he was the QB at the high school he played for in Cali. I hope Coach Mac does not try to recruit him. We all know to well what happened the last time a coaches son played QB at CU. Don't get me started :wow:

Weak. We need him at Niwot. What's up with these coach's sons being placed in state champion programs. I call foul.

If he wants to throw the ball, I think this is a mistake. Coach Bravo has no idea how to incorporate a legit passing attack. He is great at what he runs, but not if you want to play in college

The quarterback at Monarch is roughly 85% lead blocker, 10% decoy, 4% bystander, and 1% passer.

On the other hand, they do play defense so if that is where his future is he will get some exposure.

Ok, I'll say it... He should go to Boulder High. All the McCartney kids went there. The Panthers try to pass the ball. They aren't any good at it, but they try. That, and Fairview sucks.

Ok, I'll say it... He should go to Boulder High. All the McCartney kids went there. The Panthers try to pass the ball. They aren't any good at it, but they try. That, and Fairview sucks.

sorry, i have dibs. longmont it is.

Welcome to MOHI young man. He will have a great opportunity to make an immediate impact@ CB. A 3 year starter and all conference player just finished his Monarch career.

Will play at Monarch High. According to the DP he was the QB at the high school he played for in Cali. I hope Coach Mac does not try to recruit him. We all know to well what happened the last time a coaches son played QB at CU. Don't get me started :wow:

niwot sucks! send him to longmont!

Valor Christian is the ONLY place for transfers like this kid! I heard Ed McCaffery's been recruiting him for weeks now!

Well, I'd love it if he became best buds with McCaffery's kid and they came to CU as a package deal.

Coach Mac has made it very clear he is a DB and that he intends to recruit him, but that Jay is interested in making his own mark away from his Dad. Note that HCMM played for his father for 2 years before transferring to GT.

I hope and pray the kid goes elsewhere. I just think it creates some team chemistry issues and unless the kid is a huge difference maker, rather have a similarly talented kid without the connection.

If he wants to throw the ball, I think this is a mistake. Coach Bravo has no idea how to incorporate a legit passing attack. He is great at what he runs, but not if you want to play in college

Apparently, JayMac only threw for 900 yards last year, so he's more of a runner. Sounds like he'll be a good fit at MoHi.

I have to say that it's a sad, sad day indeed when a kid chooses Monarch over Boulder High School. Monarch didn't even exist 15 years ago. BHS opened its doors in 1875.

Sounds like the kid can play basketball. Bobopreps had some nice things to say about his contribution to the MOHI win over Boulder.

Back