What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach McDaniels taking a page from Hawk's playbook

Chefselite

I came across this quote today and it gave me a chuckle. This is from an interview from SI's Don Banks with Coach McDaniels.

"We all, myself included, need to handle the ups and downs and the flow of the season better than what happened last year,'' he said. "We didn't handle it well, whether it was being too down or low, or being too excited about and accepting the performance we put together in a win. We can't go too high or too low. I think last year when we lost, it led to another loss, and when we won, we got too satisfied.

"So there are certainly some things we're going to do differently. I think that I've tried to stay on an even keel much better than I did last year, and I learned a lot from last year.''

[video=youtube;tkzALAmawfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzALAmawfY[/video]

I've got news for all the Hawk haters...all coaches talk like that. There is plenty to be upset about with Hawk's W-L record, but his coachspeak is just that, coachspeak. I hear Kevin Sumlin on the radio quite a bit down here, and he repeatedly talks about "cleaning up the little things," "getting better every day," etc.

Just yesterday I saw this in an article about Texans WR, Kevin Walter:
"I just think he's a worker," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. "He does his job every day. He's a lunch pail-type football player. There's not a lot of flash. It's just productivity and accountability, and that's what we want our organization and team to be about."

So, enough already making fun about "getting horns out," "lunch pail," etc. He's not saying anything that every other coach isn't saying.

Back