What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Pinkel too? If Kiffen and Kelly end up being out like I expect this could be a ridiculously bad year to be a buyer in the coaching market, though there will be a lot of assistant talent available for the right price/deal

Pinkel too? If Kiffen and Kelly end up being out like I expect this could be a ridiculously bad year to be a buyer in the coaching market, though there will be a lot of assistant talent available for the right price/deal

USC and Oregon probably aren't shopping in the same places we'll be shopping, so even if they did let JE go, I don't think it'd make a big difference. I think a year like last year, where Wazzoo, UA, and ASU were looking would cramp the market more. I think the assistant point is pretty valid, though., especially at use, where they won't be making an internal hire.

Put him at the top of the list. Doesn't he have west coast connections thru HC James at Washington? And he recruits the hell out of Texas.

Why would you pick Pinkel over Tedford?

Bit surprised to see Pinkel is already 60 and Tedford is only 51. Tedford looks older than that.

Why would you pick Pinkel over Tedford?

Bit surprised to see Pinkel is already 60 and Tedford is only 51. Tedford looks older than that.

Resurrecting the mess that was Cal will do that to you. Hence we need a dude who is like 35 if we end up in the market.

Pinkel getting dumped at Mizzou would be a shocker. Stupid, and shocking. GP is a very solid HC IMO. And yes, he comes form the Don James coaching tree. For my money, Don James is one of the very best to ever patrol a sideline.

Others who are on the potential fire list:

Spaziani at BC
O'Brien at NCST
Hope at Purdue
Beckman at Illinois
Johnson at S.Miss.
Jones at SMU

Last edited:
i'm a little surprised MU tanked so badly. they had me a believing a little bit in 2010.

not a huge fan of the guy per se, but i'd take Gary Pinkel right now today.

Cal has facilities + it´s in California

Being in California probably more a hindrance than a help considering the state has like a 50% (sarcasm, but it is high) income tax. Kentucky, Tennessee and Auburn would be more desirable from a take home pay stand point. Think that's a dumb consideration - witness LBJ "taking his talents" to South Beach three years ago.

Being in California probably more a hindrance than a help considering the state has like a 50% (sarcasm, but it is high) income tax. Kentucky, Tennessee and Auburn would be more desirable from a take home pay stand point. Think that's a dumb consideration - witness LBJ "taking his talents" to South Beach three years ago.

California is a gold mine for recruiting. That was my point.

Back