What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Andy Ludwig has left the Offensive Coordinator job at Cal to accept the same position at San Diego State.

:wow:

Really? That is very surprising. I wonder if Kiesau will get bumped up to OC now. Or maybe that was going to happen anyway, and Ludwig decided to jump ship early.

:wow:

Really? That is very surprising. I wonder if Kiesau will get bumped up to OC now. Or maybe that was going to happen anyway, and Ludwig decided to jump ship early.

I'm assuming in that event, Jeff Tedford will handle coaching the receivers, and Ambrose will work as his understudy.

/2009

Is he coming back to be the DB's coach? I heard the guy they hired 3 weeks ago to coach UT DB's quit to be Def Coordinator for the Titans.

Yes.

One rumor out there (not really sure how valid it is) has it that Akina was promised the Co-DC title by Stoops to lure him away from Texas. Once he jumped to Arizona, Stoops pulled back that title and Akina tried to get his old job back, but Jerry Gray had already been hired. So when Gray left for the Titans, Akina was back in. No idea how true the rumor is, but I think it is entirely plausible-Stoops is a prick and is supposedly not the easiest guy to work under.

Either way, like Nik says, this helps CU. Akina is a really good recruiter/coach and was being counted on to help Arizona in recruiting Hawaii. It also helps fuel the perception of instability on the Arizona staff. The state got absolutely raided in the 2011 class (only 3 of the state's top 15 players signed with Arizona or Arizona State). The 2012 class is supposed to be pretty good too.

Wildcat fans I'm sure will be very bummed. They were very smug about landing Akina, and of course HC Stoops added fuel to the fire by saying that Zona would own Polynesian recruiting (largely due to Akina).

Slick Rick has hired former Cincy and South Florida DC to be the new DC at UCLA. Pretty underwhelming.

kinda funny that UT turns to one of it's own, Jerry Gray who was a great DB for Texas. and then he dumps them for the NFL right off the bat. i just assumed from what Texas fans say that coaching at UT is the gosh darn ultimate. guess not.

kinda funny that UT turns to one of it's own, Jerry Gray who was a great DB for Texas. and then he dumps them for the NFL right off the bat. i just assumed from what Texas fans say that coaching at UT is the gosh darn ultimate. guess not.

Let's see, college defensive backs coach, $400,000 per year - or - NFL defensive coordinator, probably closer to $1 million a year.

An upgrade in league, position and pay. It would have been stupid not to leave for the other job.

Slick Rick has hired former Cincy and South Florida DC to be the new DC at UCLA. Pretty underwhelming.

:yeahthat: The new coach, Joe Tresey, spent last season as the defensive backs coach for the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.

But wait ... it gets worse. Neuheisel fired Chuck Bullough almost two months ago because he wanted to get away from the 4-3, and go with the 3-4. Tresey is, of course ... a 4-3 guy. :lol:

:yeahthat: The new coach, Joe Tresey, spent last season as the defensive backs coach for the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.

But wait ... it gets worse. Neuheisel fired Chuck Bullough almost two months ago because he wanted to get away from the 4-3, and go with the 3-4. Tresey is, of course ... a 4-3 guy. :lol:

Go Muncie Eagles!!!...erm...Omaha Nighthawks.

[video=youtube;VQXejpU-Xss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXejpU-Xss[/video]

This looks suspiciously like a "I'm on the hot seat, the ship is sinking, and this is the best I could do" hire. Buff fans know how to sniff 'em out after the past couple years and this one definitely has the odor of rotting hawk.

Back