What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Could be, he has a 6-year contract and they're doing a bunch of expansion on The Pit.

News I heard is that it actually has to do with the new Gov. She wants to hold the line financially in the state and says the state won't spend the money to buy out Locksley. I guess I have to give her kudo's for sticking to her guns.

This may be a good thing for CU. I think Scooter and DeWayne coached together at UCLA. He'd be a great addition as a DC at CU.

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking Chow might be interesting as OC.

Then I realized I was interested in a UCLA reunion of Embree, Chow and Walker and had to go slap myself upside the head.... :wow:

espn.com reports that Indiana has interviewed/is looking at:
- Oklahoma OC Kevin Wilson
- Wisconsin DC Dave Doeren
- Iowa OC Ken O'Keefe
- Florida OC Steve Addazio
- Michigan State OC Don Treadwell

also said that Doeren and Treadwell are candidates at Vanderbilt

I don't know how Mike Haywood isn't being targeted for these jobs. He just won the MAC tonight with Miami (OH). Unbelievable 2 year turnaround of that program. And the guy has an incredible resume as an assistant coach at big boy programs, too.

News down here just ran a he-said-she-said report. One source was saying Wilson to Indy was a done deal, but the other source said UI is refuting that claim.

Sounds familiar.

espn.com reports that Indiana has interviewed/is looking at:
- Oklahoma OC Kevin Wilson
- Wisconsin DC Dave Doeren
- Iowa OC Ken O'Keefe
- Florida OC Steve Addazio
- Michigan State OC Don Treadwell

also said that Doeren and Treadwell are candidates at Vanderbilt

Pretty respectable candidate list......

http://twitter.com/#!/schadjoe

Minn Hires Kill from Northern Illinois...

Based on the crucial hair and teeth issues alone, we win:
jerrykill.jpg

WSU sticks with Wulff

Last edited:
UM will look to speak with some coaching candidates at a football function Monday in New York. More than a half dozen remain in the mix, including Mississippi State's Dan Mullen and Connecticut's Randy Edsall. UM is considering interviewing Texas Tech's Tommy Tuberville and will try to gauge interest of Stanford's Jim Harbaugh and perhaps Nebraska's Bo Pelini. Jon Gruden suggested UM consider ex-Vikings coach Brad Childress. . . . Kirk Herbstreit, on ESPN 760: ``Who would want to take the Miami job now? You're playing in front of a half-empty stadium.''. . . Not only is UM turned off by ex-Texas Tech coach Mike Leach's baggage, but he seemed odd and unfocused in a 2006 interview with Miami, UM people said.
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/...dolphins-playoff-scenarios.html#ixzz17IObi0Q4

Look at his Bio. He's never stayed in one place very long.

1991 Iowa (GA)
1993 Cardinal Mooney HS (QB)
1994–1996 San Francisco 49ers (DB)
1997–1999 New England Patriots (LB)
2000–2002 Green Bay Packers (LB)
2003 Nebraska (DC)
2004 Oklahoma (Co-DC)
2005–2007 LSU (DC)
2008–present Nebraska

Look at his Bio. He's never stayed in one place very long.

1991 Iowa (GA)
1993 Cardinal Mooney HS (QB)
1994–1996 San Francisco 49ers (DB)
1997–1999 New England Patriots (LB)
2000–2002 Green Bay Packers (LB)
2003 Nebraska (DC)
2004 Oklahoma (Co-DC)
2005–2007 LSU (DC)
2008–present Nebraska

also never been a HC before tho. Would be smart for him to leave (who knows until how long the fuskers start sending him death threats too)... Um is a nice job to have.

Pelini is not going to Miami. I think he is pumped to be coaching in the Big Ten starting next year.

Some rumors out there of Holgerson leaving Okie Lite to be OC at Florida.

Looks aside, I think this was a very good hire by Minny. Kill knows how to coach. The question will be if he can recruit too. Minny was also a better job than Indiana.

He does appear to be a graduate of the Joe Tiller School of Bald & Mustachioed Men.

http://twitter.com/#!/schadjoe

Minn Hires Kill from Northern Illinois...

Based on the crucial hair and teeth issues alone, we win:
jerrykill.jpg

WSU sticks with Wulff

News I heard is that it actually has to do with the new Gov. She wants to hold the line financially in the state and says the state won't spend the money to buy out Locksley. I guess I have to give her kudo's for sticking to her guns.

Hes a very, very good recruiter in this area. Actually I'd say hes great. If UNM sticks with him, I'd say by 2012 that more than 2/3 of the team will be from the DC metro area and the top players at that. Hes definetly raising the talent level, but I have my doubts on him being a good coach let alone a coach in general. He needs good coordinators to handle the offense & defense with 0 input from him.

Looks aside, I think this was a very good hire by Minny. Kill knows how to coach. The question will be if he can recruit too. Minny was also a better job than Indiana.

He does appear to be a graduate of the Joe Tiller School of Bald & Mustachioed Men.

Gopher Kill.

good hire for them, but he's got an uphill battle in Minny.

As noted above, Paul Wulff safe at Wazzu...mind boggling.

Kill at Minny is probably a good hire.

Bill Stewart may be retiring at WVU....

Holgerson has talked to UF about their OC, and Greg Davis got the axe at UT..

There is going to be a big fat bidding war for Holgerson. With Florida, Texas and possibly LSU all looking for O help, he may find himself paid.

Back