What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

I would advise prospective schools to look hard at the prior 3 poaches from Boise before tendering any offer.

I wonder if Utah's struggles this year adjusting to BCS competition would give any schools pause about hiring Petersen? I'm sure someone will hire him eventually, but Utah sure looks average at best against BCS competition while Boise still gets to play a schedule filled with teams like CSU and UNLV.

KU getting crushed by the in-state jc.

Thank the football gods that CU did not hire Turner Gill.

Tulane has heard from "all the big names" supposedly. To me that means the big names who aren't working right now. When I think big, I think Mangino. He be a great, errr, fit. Or Leach, Leavitt, Stoops lite or Rich Rod. Those are some pretty good retreads on the carousel right now, would any of them want to coach in the Big Easy? Can you imagine Mangino unleashed in the French Quarter, the dude would eat Antoine's as an appetizer. Leach could have an honest to goodness slip for his pirate boat, too.

Maybe Tulane could be bamboozled into hiring D II, but I don't wish for that, NO had enough with Katrina....

Last edited:
Tulane has heard from "all the big names" supposedly. To me that means the big names who aren't working right now. When I think big, I think Mangino. He be a great, errr, fit. Or Leach, Leavitt, Stoops lite or Rich Rod. Those are some pretty good retreads on the carousel right now, would any of them want to coach in the Big Easy? Can you imagine Mangino unleashed in the French Quarter, the dude would eat Antoine's as an appetizer. Leach could have an honest to goodness slip for his pirate boat, too.

Maybe Tulane could be bamboozled into hiring D II, but I don't wish for that, NO had enough with Katrina....

Rich Rod it is then. Compared to all of the "stuff" going on in Louisiana, Rich Rod and his shananigans would look saintly.

Tulane should just re-hire Tommy Bowden. Leading Tulane to an undefeated season in '98 was damn impressive

Rumors are that Petersen and Leach are not candidates for the AZ job. Petersen because he does not want, Leach because AZ does not want him.

Tricky Ricky's seat cools as Tedford's warms in the battle of beleagured coaches...Ricky came out on top over Tedford's Cal team. I don't both of these guys survive the season, and I think it will be Ellen who is most likely to get the boot.

Too much, Slade. Tedford is signed through 2015 right now and makes about $2.8 million a year. He will get another year.

Tulane has already spoken to Leach and Jagodzinski, supposedly meeting today with RichRod...also they ahve interest in UT DC Manny Diaz.

Tulane has already spoken to Leach and Jagodzinski, supposedly meeting today with RichRod...also they ahve interest in UT DC Manny Diaz.

Tulane would be a good place for Leach to go. He could rehabilitate his coaching career there, have some success, and potentially parlay that into a bigger/better job. He spent a good deal of his Texas Tech career beating up on teams from the likes of Conference USA.

Rumors of Belotti to AZ...which Belotti denies, meaning, in the wacky world of coach shopping, could very well mean he is their frontrunner....

Ole Miss announces Houston Nutt´s services will not be required after the conclusion of this season.

I am guessing Ole Miss makes a run at Malzahn. Hugh Freeze from Arkansas State is probably another name to keep in mind.

The Ole Miss deal is interesting the AD goes out with Nutt too, supposedly...my guess is Joe Pa may survive the year, but he won't be around next year, and by that I mean as HC, I am not making any Death Pool predictions.

Tricky Ricky looks to survive for a while longer with the win over ASU.....

RichRod, T. Bowden and Leach still on Tulane's list after interviews.

Nutt says Leach would be a good guy to replace him, can you see Leach in the SEC?

In other news...Pat Hill joins the ranks of HC's on the hot seat, 3-6 so far this year, winless against teams with a .500 record or better, 4-21 against .500 competition since 2008. He may not get to see Embo's Buffs next year.

and we thought we would put the nail in slicks coffin? I think he is sticking the fork in us by winning his 6th game and becomming bowl eligable - by beeting the once mighty Buffs.... sorry

and we thought CU was burned to the ground?? Damn - now you have to come in behind ass raping children (boys) and the coach with the most winning record?? WOW that sucks! that program should be burned to the ground, literally!!!

^^^I think people may be surprised at the fact PSU will have trouble attracting a big name after this, I could be wrong but coming in after the legend rarely works out, and this has to be about the most disgusting scandal you could think of, if I were a potential HC, I would be looking around before I made the leap to PSU. They may still pull it off since they are one of the marquis jobs in the country, but the luster is gone in a lot of ways....

and we thought CU was burned to the ground?? Damn - now you have to come in behind ass raping children (boys) and the coach with the most winning record?? WOW that sucks! that program should be burned to the ground, literally!!!

Good luck taking recruits on a tour of the facilities. "Over here we have our showers..."

An interesting case for the death penalty. You should keep in mind that Rubin isn't exactly some left-wing, anti-football idealogue. She's more apt to get in trouble for calling for certain Palistinians to be "fed to the sharks" than for being worried that football might make the ivory tower less shiny.

^^^I think people may be surprised at the fact PSU will have trouble attracting a big name after this, I could be wrong but coming in after the legend rarely works out, and this has to be about the most disgusting scandal you could think of, if I were a potential HC, I would be looking around before I made the leap to PSU. They may still pull it off since they are one of the marquis jobs in the country, but the luster is gone in a lot of ways....

So we're potentially looking at replacement candidates that have ties to the program and therefore would have some sentimentality and maybe weather it better because they "get" PSU. Norwood or Vanderlinden, though they're underwhelming choices considering the resume of the guy they're replacing. Don't see many people really who would be able to come in and take a slightly above average program to the heights it once was the three decades prior to their 2005-06 Orange Bowl season which is the only standout one in recent memory.

Back