What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

Replacing a legendary coach -- no-win situation.

Replacing a legendary coach on the heels of what will be a legendary scandal -- ugly situation.

Replacing a legendary coach, with a legendary scandal looming, and with the AD on his way out the door -- wow.

This will be interesting, to say the least.

^^^I think people may be surprised at the fact PSU will have trouble attracting a big name after this, I could be wrong but coming in after the legend rarely works out, and this has to be about the most disgusting scandal you could think of, if I were a potential HC, I would be looking around before I made the leap to PSU. They may still pull it off since they are one of the marquis jobs in the country, but the luster is gone in a lot of ways....

Other question will be what kind of budget will they have to hire the new staff? How much will the AD and the University have to set aside for legal fees and settlement payments? This could cause the AD do have to go significantly into debt to cover all of this, and take years to pay off. What coach will want to join a situation where any capital projects will take 15 years before it can be considered, and the recruiting budget will be based on greyhound base fares.

Other question will be what kind of budget will they have to hire the new staff? How much will the AD and the University have to set aside for legal fees and settlement payments? This could cause the AD do have to go significantly into debt to cover all of this, and take years to pay off. What coach will want to join a situation where any capital projects will take 15 years before it can be considered, and the recruiting budget will be based on greyhound base fares.

Great points.As irrational as it sounds,it almost makes more sense to shut the program down for awhile.I'm not sure a worthy candidate would touch that job with a 500ft pole.Kinda like Duke did with lacrosse,right before they were to make a run for a title.I guess it would depend on what other sports depend on football revenue.

Penn St. will officially be on the Carousel this winter...did they even have carousels when Joe Pa was hired?

This is the perfect job for Dan Hawkins. There's alot of little things to fix, and this program has now been burned to the ground.

PSU BOT apparently reached out to Mike London to gauge interest, and Mike London said thanks, but no thanks....methinks PSU will have some difficulty landing a HC...Mike Munchak has also declined any interest.

Fresno had one of their assistants step down...perhaps as prelude to Pat Hill being axed.

Rumors abound at ASU that Dennis the Menace may be given his gold watch and "retire" at the end of the season.

Tricky Ricky, after saving his bacon last week, pees in his mess kit v. Utah, landing right back on the hot seat...I would love to see the Buffs send him packing.

Rich Rod wants the Ole Miss job.

Tom O'Brien may get ousted at NCSt.

T. Bowden offered Tulane, but turned down, Tulane supposedly wants Rich Rod

Jim Caldwell may get a look at PSU...

Last edited:
Glen Mason is the new HC at New Mexico.

Lots of talk that Zook is going to be fired at Illinois with their latest tank job in progress (started 6-0 and now stand at 6-4). There was also some off-field stuff over the weekend involving a few different players.

Glen Mason is the new HC at New Mexico.

Lots of talk that Zook is going to be fired at Illinois with their latest tank job in progress (started 6-0 and now stand at 6-4). There was also some off-field stuff over the weekend involving a few different players.

That's one to watch. We don't want him to land somewhere like Kansas that recruits our areas (former DC there).

Wow, NM wasted no time...Mason is probably a pretty good pick up for them.

Lots of rumblings Gill won't see year number three at KU...nik is right, I don't want Zook recruiting in CU's backyard.

EDIT: Negotiations between Mason and UNM broken, maybe to the point of no return.

Urban Meyer talked to AZ AD Byrne, but ultimately declined the job.

Last edited:
As Lefty mentioned, looks like the Mason deal fell through so the Lobos are now introducing Bob Davie as their new HC tomorrow. That is a weird hire.

Wow, that is odd about Davie. What's he doing taking that job? It's also odd that he hasn't coached since being fired by ND.

Agreed. Since I grew up right by the campus, I really hope the Lobos can do something but I am really not sure I get how Davie is going to fit there.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7242433/bob-davie-new-mexico-lobos-coach-source-says

I hope it works out. He's a good DC. He's got some charisma. He's got connections in Texas.

If he could build New Mexico up into being a consistent bowl team, that would be fantastic. They're my #1 hope for future Pac-12 expansion. It makes a ton of geographic sense and I love their basketball program. They need to get football in order while improving academics and seeing continued population growth, but it's a state that makes a lot of sense to make part of the footprint if we go to 14.

I think Davie is a pretty good defensive mind and the Texas connections should help. I think the biggest obstacle is going to be filling out his coaching staff after being away from the coaching ranks for so long. At a school like New Mexico, you need to be finding some up-and-coming coaching talent that is looking for their break and that will be a bit difficult to do if you have not been cultivating relationships in the coaching ranks for the last decade.

What a weird move. UNM is an absolute wreck right now. Even many of the TX connections have probably largely evaporated seeing as he hasn't coached in the state for almost 20 years now. Good luck to him though, wouldn't mind seeing the Lobos at least get back to being competitive. They'd still be making bowl games regularly had they just stayed with Rocky Long.

Hes retarded if he wants to live in tha crack. To each their own I guess. I only want UNM in the Pac because its an easy roady and a win. Davie sucked at ND for a reason, he's a coordinator, not a head coach.

Davie never seemed to move up at ESPN, probably should have stuck to coaching. Not sure he can build up UNM, but I wish him well.

UNM would be better off if it were located in Santa Fe. Albuquerque is a freaking dump. It's also hard to spell.

Interesting tidbit: Supposedly Tuberville is on Ole Miss's short list...I would think they would be hesitant to bring Tubby back.

Back