What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching staff shake up at Utah, Whittingham on the way out?

Like Jay Hill for RB/ST, resulting in Neinas' dismissal? I could roll with that.

Jay Hill is the HC at Weber State.......I think KW does TV for a year. Strikes me as a guy who could be pretty good in a booth.

Jay Hill is the HC at Weber State.......I think KW does TV for a year. Strikes me as a guy who could be pretty good in a booth.

Oh he is? I missed that one. He had his name as the recruiter for a lot of guys in years past. The search continues.

Seems sort of premature here. KW has a lot of money on the line and I'm not sure the AD will buy him out.

So if the president steps in, who does he keep, the AD with 28 years of tenure there, or the coach with 20 years there? Well be interesting how this plays out.

So if the president steps in, who does he keep, the AD with 28 years of tenure there, or the coach with 20 years there? Well be interesting how this plays out.

Who is harder to replace? What's the downside to making a bad decision on either?

I've written on here for about 2 years that KW has been wearing out his welcome in Utah. I spend a lot of time in SLC and listen to their local radio (college football ALL the time - 97 FM). He was definitely on the hotseat before this season for performance reasons.

You've definitely crossed the point of no return though. Unfortunate you've turned into such a raging douche. No different than your bitch brother

From phone

You guys wouldn't trade? Don't be so sensitive

No. First I think KW is almost as big a douche as you. Second, most of his success came early in his tenure when they were still running a unique offense that Urban Meyer left him with. He's had 8 OC's in 8 years and they are definitely not as good as when he got there.

HCMM built SJSU into a top 25 team and has improved CU vastly in each of his two years. Your main bone of contention is his recruiting, but you would have hated David Cutliffe by the same criteria in year 2.

So no, I wouldn't trade him.

I don't know who **** in your soup but it's pretty difficult to stomach.

You guys wouldn't trade? Don't be so sensitive

At this point? Uncertain. Whittingham has his share of issues. He's had a good run in the MWC and they turned around with some nice PAC wins this season. I'm interested in seeing if CU improves as much in year 3 than they did in year 2. If so, no I don't think I would.

No. First I think KW is almost as big a douche as you. Second, most of his success came early in his tenure when they were still running a unique offense that Urban Meyer left him with. He's had 8 OC's in 8 years and they are definitely not as good as when he got there.

HCMM built SJSU into a top 25 team and has improved CU vastly in each of his two years. Your main bone of contention is his recruiting, but you would have hated David Cutliffe by the same criteria in year 2.

So no, I wouldn't trade him.

I don't know who **** in your soup but it's pretty difficult to stomach.

1. I could care less if he's a raging douche if he wins. Whittingham wins
2. No.... recruiting is not the main bone I have with him
3. Why are you so mad?

Put the douche on ignore.

Hey inbred, does your life really suck this bad to keep this BS up? were you ignored as a child? Please go away.

I feel the need to step up and say, in the Christmas spirit, slider gave some pretty awesome practice up dates over the last couple of years....

and received plenty of rope bc of it. Regardless, I've always liked slider, but dude has gotten fairly hard to take imo. And hey, he could be spot on. He's definitely dug in.

From phone

Put the douche on ignore.

Hey inbred, does your life really suck this bad to keep this BS up? were you ignored as a child? Please go away.

Pretty ****ty for a guy with 198 posts to call a long standing AllBuffs contributor an "inbred" and tell him to "go away." The sunshine pumpers are tired of Slider's schtick, but he's at least consistent. He's also yet to be proven wrong on HCMM.

Hill is the same AD who drove the Utah basketball program into oblivion with his management of Rick Majarus. Utah was a few baskets from a National Championship against Kentucky, but has spent most of the last decade lucky to break .500. That mess all lies at Hill's feet. However, Hill got rid of Utah's first football coach able to consistently compete for MWC championships, McBride for no apparent reason. The press howled. He replaced McBride with Urban. With Whitt, this is looking more like Hill's Majerus management style: assistants jumping ship and a drawn out fight over at least a year now.

Last edited:
Pretty ****ty for a guy with 198 posts to call a long standing AllBuffs contributor an "inbred" and tell him to "go away." The sunshine pumpers are tired of Slider's schtick, but he's at least consistent. He's also yet to be proven wrong on HCMM.

I would hope there is some middle ground between the sunshine pumpers and what Slider is doing. You're generally pretty quick to get all over Tini for his antics, but at this point he and Slider are basically the same guy on opposite poles. The way you feel about Tini's unbridled optimism is the way other folks feel about Slider's incessant pessimism.

Since when does post count indicate the quality of the member?

Hill is the same AD who drove the Utah basketball program into oblivion with his management of Rick Majarus. Utah was a few baskets from a National Championship against Kentucky, but has spent most of the last decade lucky to break .500. That mess all lies at Hill's feet. However, Hill got rid of Utah's first football coach able to consistently compete for MWC championships, McBride for no apparent reason. The press howled. He replaced McBride with Urban. With Whitt, this is looking more like Hill's Majerus management style: assistants jumping ship and a drawn out fight over at least a year now.

With now a CVBuff and CVille and XXXBuff. I'm staring to get confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it being overly pessimistic to say I'd trade for a coach with a considerably more impressive track record?

Weird

Back