What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Staff

You know that Brian Kelly brought his entire Cincinnati staff to Notre Dame at first, failed initially, changed his coordinators to BCS-level people, then started winning, right? Hawkins brought way too much of Boise with him. We need a BCS staff, we can pay for it.
Uh, what? Bob Diaco was with BK at Cincy and is with BK at Notre Dame. His OC at Cincy, Jeff Quinn, took the Buffalo job when BK went to Notre Dame. His first OC at Notre Dame, Charley Molnar, was hired by UMASS after two seasons.

So no that's not accurate.

Spruce doesn't suck.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that Spruce's success was merely talent induced. Look at what Kennedy did with GThomas, Darden, McCulloch, Canty. Waste. Yah, some was the QB, but there were times when the ball was there and WRs f'd it away. If he CoachK was worth retaining, the WRs would shone even when everyone else was sucking. That's my opinion.

You know that Brian Kelly brought his entire Cincinnati staff to Notre Dame at first, failed initially, changed his coordinators to BCS-level people, then started winning, right? Hawkins brought way too much of Boise with him. We need a BCS staff, we can pay for it.

Yeah, and Mac's crappy staff took a crappy talent team that they lucked into and coached them up and lost 20 to 17 AT Stanford. But we need to not trust the coach and let us internet posters that know better tear his staff up so it fits our perception better.

Or, we can just shut the hell up and trust that perhaps he knows what he is doing and stop second guessing the hell out if everything he does. Nobody on out staff earned the right to stay. If he interviews them and wants them, so be it. I understand that we are once bitten, twice shy around here, but.....that man rebuilt a crappy team with little resources. Give him a chance.

Last edited:
Im going to go out on a limb and say that Spruce's success was merely talent induced. Look at what Kennedy did with GThomas, Darden, McCulloch, Canty. Waste. Yah, some was the QB, but there were times when the ball was there and WRs f'd it away. If he CoachK was worth retaining, the WRs would shone even when everyone else was sucking. That's my opinion.

The cupboard's bare without PRich available. Spruce and Thomas plus the greyshirts would be a huge help if we can get all five in Boulder and healthy with a coordinator who knows how to use them. Tyler may not be all-conference but I think if you were told what his stats were gonna be after two seasons at the time he was being recruited any of us would expect it and gladly take it. He is by no means a first or second option but I think is performing at or above expectations for a late bloomer in the recruiting process and an acknowledged possession guy.

Yeah, and Mac's crappy staff took a crappy talent team that they licked into and coached them up and lost 20 to 17 AT Stanford. But we need to not trust the coach and let us internet posters that know better tear his staff up so it fits our perception better.

Or, we can just shut the hell up and trust that perhaps he knows what he is doing and stop second guessing the hell out if everything he does. Nobody on out staff earned the right to stay. If he interviews them and wants them, so be it. I understand that we are once bitten, twice shy around here, but.....that man rebuilt a crappy team with little resources. Give him a chance.

I hear you loud and clear and totally agree. But, this is a message board and most of the people here think they know more than the guy who was hired.

Soooo, we can tune them out or keep reading the foolishness. I opt for the entertainment value of the ignorance with a smattering of insight mixed in on occasion.

Last edited:
The cupboard's bare without PRich available. Spruce and Thomas plus the greyshirts would be a huge help if we can get all five in Boulder and healthy with a coordinator who knows how to use them. Tyler may not be all-conference but I think if you were told what his stats were gonna be after two seasons at the time he was being recruited any of us would expect it and gladly take it. He is by no means a first or second option but I think is performing at or above expectations for a late bloomer in the recruiting process and an acknowledged possession guy.

I support having a role player or two on the team. Our problem is that a disproportionate number of players on our team are role players. This is not to criticize any individual player, but the previous coaching staff has given away too many scholarships to role players. (Tyler made an amazing one handed td grab against csu and Nelson helped keep some important drives going, but neither are threatening to a defense and causing systemic breakdowns or opening up the running game)

My sense is that our walk-on program has always been an after-thought, even during the good years of the early 90's. Case in point, I'm not sure Shrock or Dorman were ever really evaluated as possible contributors. I don't see how a new coach is going to be able to acquire the info he needs in the next month to determine how many scholarships he should be giving this year.

I hope Coach Myke (my preferred spelling) brings some new vision to the program and evaluates the whole enchilada (not to be mistaken for a burrito)

He was OL coach at SJSU but I don't know about TE. He coached some great linemen like Jonathon Ogden and Tony Boselli. Here is his bio.

USD HC is interviewing at SJSU per SJ Mercury News. Mac might be waiting to see of Baer or the USD HC gets the job before announcing CU staff.

Ummm... What is he doing then?

Yes cuz uprooting your family while the kids are in school, moving a few states away, talking to recruits night and day, trying to convince your current buddies and their families to move out here, allocating enough money to buy bottled water, and setting aside enough for a sweet desk leaves a ton of free time...

It looks like Lubick is the Passing/Running Game coordinator at Duke. I think it's safe to say he won't come here without a Coordinator title

Back