What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching trees

SBG

Administrator
Club Member
Junta Member
Here's something we were talking about in chat.

Who is available that comes from a solid coaching tree?

Synder has produced Stoops and Mangino

Mack Brown: Chizik (lol)

I want someone that has learned from one of Masters. Does it mean he's going to win? Nope, but they know what it takes to win by observation at the college level.

What coaching tree does your candidate come from?

Still too early to tell about the Harbaugh coaching tree, but David Shaw is kicking all sorts of ass and Stanford hasn't skipped a beat.

Here's another thought:

What if we hire a guy like Solich at Ohio (NOT necessarily him, but I'm talking about an older coach) and have him rebuild the project to hand to his protege.

Mac was not that HC b/c he had been out of the game for years before he wanted to be HC again.

Edit: I'm saying this b/c I don't think our next HC is going to take us back to BCS bowls, but it'll be the guy after him. We have a long way to go to compete for NCs or BCS bowls. 6-7 years before we are competing for Pac12 titles (after USC gets rid of Kiffin they are going to be damn good and hard to beat for the South).

Is the coaching tree in the same family as the money tree. Which one does the ticket oak fall under?

On a more serious note, other than Snyder, whom is himself a product of Haden Frye (the trunk of that tree), which coaches have produced other quality HC's?

Can't think of any current regimes.

Carrol produced Kiffin (lol) and Sark

Too early to call those successful. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_Fry:

Former Fry assistants or players who have taken over as head coach at a Division I-A college football programs include:

Back