What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach's presser

I'd like to see him go be the new coach at UNC, cut his teeth on building a program up and learning some more about the offensive side of the ball. Go out, hire assistants and develop your network and then come back and become our future head coach in 5-6 yrs.

I'd like to see him go be the new coach at UNC, cut his teeth on building a program up and learning some more about the offensive side of the ball. Go out, hire assistants and develop your network and then come back and become our future head coach in 5-6 yrs.

Unfortunately, Cabral is 54 years old, and will be 55 before the next football season starts. And you want Colorado to hire their next head coach from the University of Northern Colorado?

I think we need to tap the brakes a little on Cabral - one game does not a head coach make, just as WVU. As much as I love Cabral and what he's done for CU in his career - I get that "career assistant" feel from him. I don't know what it is, maybe I just wonder why a guy who's been so good for so long hasn't gotten even a DC job by now. Maybe that's unfair (and I do think he deserves a serious interview), but he seems like our Norm Chow.

I get the career assistant feel as well. I just think it is nice to hear from someone with passion. I ask that they seriously consider him for the HC position as a common courtesy, because he is a life long Buff and because Bohn has asked him to be interim HC twice.

I think I'm just jaded because my 49ers also fired their coach mid-season, promoted their LB coach (who also happens to be a fiery motivator that also played LB. For the '85 Bears) to the interim job, and he ultimately won the permanent HC job after a couple inspired performances by the team to end the season, and since then Singletary has been an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure that's unfair to Cabral, but that's the lens I'm looking through on Cabral.

I think I'm just jaded because my 49ers also fired their coach mid-season, promoted their LB coach (who also happens to be a fiery motivator that also played LB. For the '85 Bears) to the interim job, and he ultimately won the permanent HC job after a couple inspired performances by the team to end the season, and since then Singletary has been an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure that's unfair to Cabral, but that's the lens I'm looking through on Cabral.

To add to that, Clemson did pretty much the same thing didn't they? Fired Bowden, had a few good games under Sweeney, and they're pretty garbage this year last I checked. Cabral as HC just frightens me. Watch Jason Garrett get the Cowboys job only to suck equally next year.

Back