What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody Comments (Ringo blog)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The really weird thing about what I've copied below is that I'm sure that I thought it was Coach Hawkins talking when this was originally reported. What would Cody know about building a football program? And what's he doing talking about himself in the 3rd person?

Blog

Here are a few of Cody’s comments from that story, written about six weeks ago.

“We’re definitely well on our way, and if people don’t know that, then they don’t understand the whole schematics of building a program or the whole structure and makeup of a team,” he said. ”We’re there. We’re very close. We’re hands down better than we’ve been since I’ve been here. A lot of that is going to kind of hinge on how I play.”

“I don’t care who is playing quarterback. We’re going to have a great team this year if we continue to run the football, we stay healthy and we hit the passes we’re supposed to hit and hit some that might be close,” he said. ”We’re going to be a damned good football team.”

“My situation isn’t going to be scrambling around, running and making things happen,” Hawkins said. “I’ve always kind of been more of a field general and a leader. You know, when we’ve got guys in place, I think Cody Hawkins can be pretty good.”

He made fun of himself alot for going 3rd person. :lol:

But yeah, he does need to play a **** ton better....or get Lobato or something in there.

The really weird thing about what I've copied below is that I'm sure that I thought it was Coach Hawkins talking when this was originally reported. What would Cody know about building a football program? And what's he doing talking about himself in the 3rd person?

Blog

“We’re definitely well on our way, and if people don’t know that, then they don’t understand the whole schematics of building a program or the whole structure and makeup of a team,” he said. ”We’re there. We’re very close. We’re hands down better than we’ve been since I’ve been here. A lot of that is going to kind of hinge on how I play.”

“I don’t care who is playing quarterback. We’re going to have a great team this year if we continue to run the football, we stay healthy and we hit the passes we’re supposed to hit and hit some that might be close,” he said. ”We’re going to be a damned good football team.”

“My situation isn’t going to be scrambling around, running and making things happen,” Hawkins said. “I’ve always kind of been more of a field general and a leader. You know, when we’ve got guys in place, I think Cody Hawkins can be pretty good.”

Can you say, We'll See?

Blog

So I guess "good" and "great" and "better" have nothing to do with wins and losses.

As to his assessment of himself, I will resist from commenting.

Notice the only performance factor he talks about is hitting passes. I'm sure you get the hint of what I would like to say from my comment. If I wasn't told the quotes came form him I would naturally think it is his Father talking. I feel bad for the kid for several reasons. The biggest one is Dayan Hawwwkins is his old man and he sounds just like his old man. That's bad.

I suppose many of you think I am harsh on Dan Hawkins. I'll tell ya, I don't even say some of the things I would like to say. I only speak part of the unspeakable truth. The other part of the unspeakable truth is extremely unpleasant and I would catch hell for saying it.

Everyone can talk about the offense, defense, personnel, schemes, game plans, recruiting and coaches all they want. I would like to talk football myself, but it is a big waste of time for me any more because there is one problem at the center of all the problems.
Dan Hawkins has turned our program into a major cluster****. The only way to uncluster**** the program is to get rid of him.

Notice the only performance factor he talks about is hitting passes. I'm sure you get the hint of what I would like to say from my comment. If I wasn't told the quotes came form him I would naturally think it is his Father talking. I feel bad for the kid for several reasons. The biggest one is Dayan Hawwwkins is his old man and he sounds just like his old man. That's bad.

I think he's okay with who his dad is. :rolleyes:

In one of the final scenes of "Remember the Titans", a defensive back who has just been beaten for a couple of passes, goes to his coach and asks him to put in another player who has been in the dog house and not playing.

The db tells the coach the other player is better and should be playing.

Does this story have any bearing on what should be done here?

In one of the final scenes of "Remember the Titans", a defensive back who has just been beaten for a couple of passes, goes to his coach and asks him to put in another player who has been in the dog house and not playing.

The db tells the coach the other player is better and should be playing.

Does this story have any bearing on what should be done here?

Only if TH was playing CB but kept dropping INTs and Ron Collins yelled at him a lot and benched him and then TH went to the sideline and Kiesau came over and said, "Tyler, I want you to go out there and play QB for me." And then Tyler said, "Coach, I can't, I don't even know the plays." And then Kiesau said, "I just want you to go out there and throw the ball up to number 6, we'll talk about the rest after we pick up the win." But Dan started yelling at Kiesau saying, "YOU BETTER NOT TAKE OUT MY BOY!" But, TH went out to play anyway and he did go out and throw the ball up to number 6 and number 6 caught it for a TD and the Buffs won and everyone was happy. Then, TH continued to go out and throw it up to number 6 for TDs for most of the season and the Buffs won all their games. But then, one week, TH throws an INT and Kiesau says, "Tyler, you're killin me, you gotta make that throw!" But instead of trying to make the throw the next time, TH just walks off the field and sits on the bench and quits on the team and everyone is sad, so CH goes back out to play some QB and things are going OK. But then, in another game, which happens to be for the B12 title, CH tried to throw the ball to number 6 and he just couldn't do it so he went over to Kiesau and said, "Coach, I didn't sit on the bench all year so we could lose in the championship game, but in Tyler, he's better than me."

Then the story would have some bearing.

Only if TH was playing CB but kept dropping INTs and Ron Collins yelled at him a lot and benched him and then TH went to the sideline and Kiesau came over and said, "Tyler, I want you to go out there and play QB for me." And then Tyler said, "Coach, I can't, I don't even know the plays." And then Kiesau said, "I just want you to go out there and throw the ball up to number 6, we'll talk about the rest after we pick up the win." But Dan started yelling at Kiesau saying, "YOU BETTER NOT TAKE OUT MY BOY!" But, TH went out to play anyway and he did go out and throw the ball up to number 6 and number 6 caught it for a TD and the Buffs won and everyone was happy. Then, TH continued to go out and throw it up to number 6 for TDs for most of the season and the Buffs won all their games. But then, one week, TH throws an INT and Kiesau says, "Tyler, you're killin me, you gotta make that throw!" But instead of trying to make the throw the next time, TH just walks off the field and sits on the bench and quits on the team and everyone is sad, so CH goes back out to play some QB and things are going OK. But then, in another game, which happens to be for the B12 title, CH tried to throw the ball to number 6 and he just couldn't do it so he went over to Kiesau and said, "Coach, I didn't sit on the bench all year so we could lose in the championship game, but in Tyler, he's better than me."

You're really going to need to be more specific.... :huh:

Blog

"Schematics of building a program"

Who does this guy think he is Jack Bauer? Only Bauer gets away with using "schematics" as in "Damnitt chloe send the schematics to my screen."

How can he say they are hands down better? They have been abused by every team they have played minus Wyoming and that was the ugliest 24-0 win I have ever seen.

3-9 book it.

I really don't think it's good public relations to keep telling people they don't understand what they see.

the rest of it.. :bang:

...and we thought Hunter S Thompson was dead.

I've rarely if ever seen a college player get as much time in the press as Cody Hawkins does. And it's just a rehash of Old Hawkins' drivel.

I don't know WTH you are talking about but I'm going to rep you anyway for the entertainment factor.
:thumbsup:

Imagination A+

Another large stinking pile of crap. Close to what? Close to not getting the crap kicked out of you by a MAC or MWC also ran? This is a bad joke.

Back