What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody conspiracy Theory

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
I think he had been playing injured the whole season. I know he suffered a shoulder injury about a week before the CSU game... and it appears that it drastically affected his arm strength. That floater he threw for a pick 6 just confirmed it to me.

He has taken a big step back this year in performance, possibly because of playing injured

It's my conspiracy theory, that Cody hasn't been 100% healthy this year... His arm strength looks noticeably worse this year that's for sure (not that is was every strong to begin with)

If true (and I realize you aren't necessarily saying it is true), that would just add more fuel to the nepotism fire. Every other player who gets 'dinged up' sits.

If he is having arm problems, that's 2 years in a row. And it would be 100% attributable to the fact that he's not a D1 athlete and he has to overthrow every pass in order to be adequate.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if this was the case, but who knows?

To me, he has looked pretty similar this year and last year.

Would not surprise me. That throw in Austin had more to do with horrible mechanics than anything though.

I'm no doctor, but a weak arm, slow legs, and shortness are not injuries. Genetics, maybe, but injuries? No.

I prefer to think that lightning dtrik the Hawkins house one night, transplanting Dan's brain into Cody's body and vice versa.

Cody... well... he really doesn't change much... and Dan gets a brain that knows nothing about football above a High School level. So... I guess he doesn't change either....

If I didn't make a similar post before, I was definitely thinking it. No one will argue that cody has a rocket arm, but his passes this year definitely look weaker. He sat out the last scrimmage because of it.

:nod: not a bad thought. they have looked worse.... however, that just makes the staff look worse.

Looks like same old Cody to me. He's never had a strong arm and has always floated deep balls/passes to the sideline.

It's my conspiracy theory, that Cody hasn't been 100% healthy this year... His arm strength looks noticeably worse this year that's for sure (not that is was every strong to begin with)

Definitely not defending CHawk here and quite ecstatic to see TH get his chance, but slider may have a point, no matter how much conspiracy it is.

Base my observation on this - I was at the spring game this year and have to admit, at the time, I thought Chawk looked better than TH. Based on what? His throws had more "zip" than previous years and footwork was better. Cody IMHO (and not much I know) did look better than TH.

Fast forward to fall - living in ATX, didn't see any fall practices (before they were closed off...:rolleyes:) but went to see CSU game. CH was a totally different QB than in the spring (as I'm sure everyone remembers.) Caught up in the excitement of the season opener, I had completely forgotten that he had been injured the week before...

My point: Don't slam slider too bad, he may be on to something, but at the same time I couldn't believe TH didn't get snaps vs. CSU and now, he is by far the most viable (AND BEST) option.

STICK WITH HIM HAWK!

Going deep...

I think he had been playing injured the whole season. I know he suffered a shoulder injury about a week before the CSU game... and it appears that it drastically affected his arm strength. That floater he threw for a pick 6 just confirmed it to me.

He has taken a big step back this year in performance, possibly because of playing injured

I know a QB that played injured the entire season too....fractured ribs. He was shot up before the game and at half time.

He had shoulder "rooter" surgery in the offseason.

Hey, everybody. Gateway knew a QB that played injured.

Injury could be part of it. I don't know. But, Cody's passes seem to be lacking some zip this year. Not that he had a strong arm before. He is defenately lacking something though.

So CH comes back for a glorious fifth year starting next year when he's healthy?

No, Hawk will get Cody a mysterious medical redshirt for this year and we have Cody under center for the next TWO years!!!

Now that's the conspiracy theory that will make everyones head explode!!!:lol:

No, Hawk will get Cody a mysterious medical redshirt for this year and we have Cody under center for the next TWO years!!!

Now that's the conspiracy theory that will make everyones head explode!!!:lol:

OWWWWWWW! My brain just EXPLODED!:cry:

Going deep...

Back