What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody Hawkins

darth-horax

Anybody else think this kid has the makings of a great, not good, quarterback?

I think he looked very, very good on Saturday. These next two games will show us a lot more, but for a redshirt freshman, he looks like he has the tools and the talent to take CU to the next level, and then take himself to the NFL.

Good decision on Hawk making him the starter.

:thumbsup:

I think he can be a very good, Klatt-esque college QB but I don't think he has the arm stregth to play in the NFL. I think CU is in good hands with him at the helm, though.

I think he can be a very good, Klatt-esque college QB but I don't think he has the arm stregth to play in the NFL. I think CU is in good hands with him at the helm, though.

:yeahthat:

He is a leader and winner, and I see him doing big things in Boulder. However, his size and arm strength will prevent him from being a good NFL QB. He might be able to work on his arm strength however.

I thought he looked pretty good for a youngun. He needs a bit more discipline in the pocket and a couple better, lemme rephrase, improved WR's and TE's and I think he'll work out nicely. No power on his arm???? I thought he had some horsepower on his arm, I like that.

I guess I didn't see any problems with his arm. They said that about Detmer too. The key is good decision-making and working the short routes anyway. Looks to be a good one to me.

I guess I didn't see any problems with his arm. They said that about Detmer too. The key is good decision-making and working the short routes anyway. Looks to be a good one to me.

No problem with his arm, but he doesn't have much zip on the ball when he's throwing it 25-30+ yards. Not many do, but then again, there's not that many QB spots in the NFL, either.

Not ragging Cody in the slightest. If he could do what Klatt did here (hopefully with a better supporting cast than Klatt had), CU is in great shape. I don't think Klatt gets enough credit for being a very solid QB at CU.

:yeahthat:

He is a leader and winner, and I see him doing big things in Boulder. However, his size and arm strength will prevent him from being a good NFL QB. He might be able to work on his arm strength however.

He'll be on the CU coaching staff in 5 years.

We didn't see CU try to go vertical. He was good hitting the short and middle receivers. I can't remember seeing him have to just fire a ball into coverage. So, I'm not sure how his arm strength is. I thought on the flea flicker, he under threw the ball. Of course he had a guy in his face, so he was kind of falling backwards as he released it. Now, maybe a guy with great arm strength could have muscled that out another 5 yards or so and avoided the INT. But that is being very picky.

We didn't see CU try to go vertical. He was good hitting the short and middle receivers. I can't remember seeing him have to just fire a ball into coverage. So, I'm not sure how his arm strength is. I thought on the flea flicker, he under threw the ball. Of course he had a guy in his face, so he was kind of falling backwards as he released it. Now, maybe a guy with great arm strength could have muscled that out another 5 yards or so and avoided the INT. But that is being very picky.

I saw him connect on several passes into coverage and he was money. One of his biggest strengths is accuracy. I don't think he'll be picked a lot.

Back