What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody sprinting off the field right after the game?

BuffTuba

Club Member
Club Member
Just wondering if anyone had any info on my why Cody went sprinting into the locker room after the clock hit triple 0s? They made a point to show it on the broadcast. I haven't seen it come up anywhere on post game interviews and such.

It seemed strange. My guess, bathroom run. I don't know if he ran back out since they cut off the game feed at the bar right after they showed Cody running. He was also speaking to Cabral on the sidelines right before the game ended, maybe related?

I don't know this firsthand, so I could definitely be wrong. But supposedly his teammates and coaches knew he was going to get out of there right after the game. Wasn't a slight to his teammates or the fans. He didn't want to get stopped by reporters and have to talk about his dad's situation.

I believe they said he went to go say hi to his dad who was watching the game at the Del Ward Center.

All this was talked about on a different thread.

Just wondering if anyone had any info on my why Cody went sprinting into the locker room after the clock hit triple 0s? They made a point to show it on the broadcast. I haven't seen it come up anywhere on post game interviews and such.

It seemed strange. My guess, bathroom run. I don't know if he ran back out since they cut off the game feed at the bar right after they showed Cody running. He was also speaking to Cabral on the sidelines right before the game ended, maybe related?

Im think he didn't want to talk to the media or be taunted if the students rushed the field which is a legitimate concern when a 5 game losing streak comes to an end. I don't blame him nor do I hold it against him. He's a kid. And not his dad.

He plays with a lot of heart and has been a very good steward of his responsibility to being an upstanding student athlete and Buffalo scholarship holder.

All good points. I didn't have a problem with it I was just curious. I figured it was something to do with media questions surrounding his dad. I wasn't trying to stir up anything. Cody has been a great buff so far. I don't put any of our hardships in the lat few years on him besides the ones he is responsible for (mostly INTs) He is a player and has shown that he can lead this team and cares about CU.

I didn't see another thread about it but I could have just missed it. Sorry for double posting.

Tuba,

There was an inappropriate thread on Rivals where someone called out Cody and used a bunch of slurs because of him running off the field after the game instead of hanging around to celebrate with the team and fans. I understood that you were simply asking a question to satisfy a curiosity. I just jumped in quickly to make sure the facts got out before the thread on AB turned into the bull**** I'd seen on the other site. I didn't think for a second you were judging him.

Tuba,

There was an inappropriate thread on Rivals where someone called out Cody and used a bunch of slurs because of him running off the field after the game instead of hanging around to celebrate with the team and fans. I understood that you were simply asking a question to satisfy a curiosity. I just jumped in quickly to make sure the facts got out before the thread on AB turned into the bull**** I'd seen on the other site. I didn't think for a second you were judging him.

Totally understandable. I'm not a member at Rivals. I appreciate you jumping up and doing that. I certainly didn't want it to go negative as well. I think we can bury this thread. Thanks for all the info guys.

Curious that Rivals is looked at as some "inside" football site....and they dissed Cody?

Curious that Rivals is looked at as some "inside" football site....and they dissed Cody?

Rivals did not diss Cody. One idot member did. Anyone with a credit card can post there, not just insiders.

Edit: And it has a CU board called "BuffStampede.com" which is what we generally mean when we say "Rivals". There is, however, a main message board and a lot of content that is unrelated to CU.

Just before the game ended the cameras showed Cody saying something into Cabral's ear after which Cabral seemed to say "ok" - would not be surprised if Cody was trying to make sure BC was cool with him not wanting to be interviewed after the game. I don't have a problem with this at all if that was the case.

i watched the game on Saturday, and have watched Cody throughout the last several years... the kid is a class act, and has been put into an extremely stressful/bad situation.

I'm sure he got off the field for the right reasons.

he has been an outstanding buff. he has given it everything he can, and even though he might not be the prototypical QB he has shown grit and determination like we don't see from many more 'talented' athetes.

Back