What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody's stats last season... not bad

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Hawkins threw for 1,892 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 12 games last season. CU burned Hansen's redshirt about halfway into the season, and he ended up throwing for 280 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions in five games.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12042619?source=rss

wow... I don't know about you guys, but a lot of teams would KILL for a QB that was this "terrible". He did that with NO run game, NO Oline, and a very mediocre (at best) group of receivers...

Makes me feel better about next season for sure!

Spin it any way you want, but we finished in the bottom quarter of the Big 12 in offense. Those stats are decent, but are nothing compared to the elite Big 12 QBs.

Nobody can accuse me of being a little Hawk basher but I need to point out that overall statistics are worthless. The majority of those numbers came against CSU, EWU, ISU & Nebraska (his 4 games with over 200 yds). The rest of the season was very pedestrian at best.

I certainly don't blame all of the offensive problems last year on Cody but the numbers you quote don't make me feel better. I need to see this offense actually click for a whole game before that's going to happen.

He was 79th best last year according to ESPN. It had better improve this year if he's going to help daddy get those ten wins

cody isnt Bad hes a good qb NOT ELITE we dont have an ELITE QB in camp until at least clark evans gets here

C. Hawkins would be an elite QB at a D-II school, but not at this level. He lacks the ability to see the whole field, to many missed passes for TD and forced ones for INT.......GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12042619?source=rss

wow... I don't know about you guys, but a lot of teams would KILL for a QB that was this "terrible". He did that with NO run game, NO Oline, and a very mediocre (at best) group of receivers...

Makes me feel better about next season for sure!
What ? He was dead last in passing ratings for the Big 12.
1Graham Harrell Texas Tech
2Sam Bradford Oklahoma
3Chase Daniel Missouri
4Todd Reesing Kansas
5Colt McCoy Texas
6Joe Ganz Nebraska
7Josh Freeman Kansas State
8Zac Robinson Okla State
9Austen Arnaud Iowa State
10Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M
11Robert Griffin Baylor
12Cody Hawkins Colorado

Last edited:
What ? He was dead last in passing ratings for the Big 12.
1Graham Harrell Texas Tech
2Sam Bradford Oklahoma
3Chase Daniel Missouri
4Todd Reesing Kansas
5Colt McCoy Texas
6Joe Ganz Nebraska
7Josh Freeman Kansas State
8Zac Robinson Okla State
9Austen Arnaud Iowa State
10Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M
11Robert Griffin Baylor
12Cody Hawkins Colorado
ya... he wasn't great... that wasn't what I was arguing. However, there are quite a few teams out there who would take an average QB in a heart beat. And it is not fair to compare him to the Big XII, last year was probably the greatest collection of QB talent/production in one conference that we will see in a long time.

ya... he wasn't great... that wasn't what I was arguing. However, there are quite a few teams out there who would take an average QB in a heart beat. And it is not fair to compare him to the Big XII, last year was probably the greatest collection of QB talent/production in one conference that we will see in a long time.

disagree on that list you only lose graham harrell, josh freeman, joe ganz, and boogereater. kjsu and knu are the only 2 schools that realy have ??'s at replacing last years starters. mizzOU and TTech rosters have QBs that will fill in nicely for the ones leaving...

Of course it's fair,that's what's going on in the big 12. Was cody a mid big 12 qb as a freshman? We had a great run with sal,hagan,koy but we haven't had a top qb in the big 12 for some time.

I love cody's heart and moxie,he's a warrior like moschetti and klatt but it's good enough for 5-maybe 6 wins.How much more will cody improve? His height is a problem because he doesn't have the wheels or the arm like other short qb's-reesing, bogger-eater etc...

Even now,I just looked at the spring roster and hansen, who was 6-2 just 6 months ago has shrunk to 6-1.:smile2:

disagree on that list you only lose graham harrell, josh freeman, joe ganz, and boogereater. kjsu and knu are the only 2 schools that realy have ??'s at replacing last years starters. mizzOU and TTech rosters have QBs that will fill in nicely for the ones leaving...
uhhh sorry, untested QB<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< chase daniels....

Freeman? Way better than anything KSU will have for a while...

Harrell? Best QB (with the best targets) to ever play the air raid...

Ganz? Way underrated. He was a damn solid QB.

Plus, Bradford is gonna get killed this year without his Oline.

uhhh sorry, untested QB<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< chase daniels....

I agree. I thought Ganz was underrated as well.

Of course it's fair,that's what's going on in the big 12. Was cody a mid big 12 qb as a freshman? We had a great run with sal,hagan,koy but we haven't had a top qb in the big 12 for some time.

I love cody's heart and moxie,he's a warrior like moschetti and klatt but it's good enough for 5-maybe 6 wins.How much more will cody improve? His height is a problem because he doesn't have the wheels or the arm like other short qb's-reesing, bogger-eater etc...

Even now,I just looked at the spring roster and hansen, who was 6-2 just 6 months ago has shrunk to 6-1.:smile2:
how in the **** do you say cody can only get us 5 or 6 wins when he got us four last year with nothing to help him out? when he got us 6 wins as a FROSH? That makes NO sense. Put weapons around him and he will throw for 3+k yards and 20 TD's... he nearly did the 20TD's with NOTHING last year. And yes, most of his production came early... when he had an O line.

This "he can only get us 5 wins" crap is a bunch of hooey. 10 wins, you have an argument..

how in the **** do you say cody can only get us 5 or 6 wins when he got us four last year with nothing to help him out? when he got us 6 wins as a FROSH? That makes NO sense. Put weapons around him and he will throw for 3+k yards and 20 TD's... he nearly did the 20TD's with NOTHING last year. And yes, most of his production came early... when he had an O line.

This "he can only get us 5 wins" crap is a bunch of hooey. 10 wins, you have an argument..

10 wins? let's have a winning season first. Okay, we'll soon find out because i'm betting cody is the starter do to his experience and grasp of the offense come csu game. All the pieces are there, if he throws for 3,000 yds and 20td's, I will put anything you want in my sig.

Cody will never be confused for an elite QB. I don't have any arguments with that. But if you give the kid some weapons, he can make things happen. He had nothing last season.

I'm not trying to point the finger on everyone else, Cody made plenty of bad decisions, but they were the kind many young QB's will make. Especially in a great conference like the B12.

Cody will never be confused for an elite QB. I don't have any arguments with that. But if you give the kid some weapons, he can make things happen. He had nothing last season.

I'm not trying to point the finger on everyone else, Cody made plenty of bad decisions, but they were the kind many young QB's will make. Especially in a great conference like the B12.

I agree to an extent but cody knows the offense and he's not really young anymore is he? Maybe with a healthy OL he does shine this year but his lack of mobility and arm strength will still hinder him.

knowing the offense doesn't help when you are shell shocked from getting the absolute **** kicked out of you. I admit he was AWFUL for a few games after FSU just destroyed him. Once he sat and thought it through tho, he came back pretty effective for what he had to work with.

plus, knowing the offense is different from game experience. he was not super young, but he was still not a grizzled veteran compared to a lot of the QB's in the big XII last year.

knowing the offense doesn't help when you are shell shocked from getting the absolute **** kicked out of you. I admit he was AWFUL for a few games after FSU just destroyed him. Once he sat and thought it through tho, he came back pretty effective for what he had to work with.

plus, knowing the offense is different from game experience. he was not super young, but he was still not a grizzled veteran compared to a lot of the QB's in the big XII last year.

We'll see and I hope he shines,we need wins and the kid has been nothing but a class act and a no-excuse guy. I hope he starts by going 3-0 vs csu with an ass-whipping of the sheep:thumbsup:

We'll see and I hope he shines,we need wins and the kid has been nothing but a class act and a no-excuse guy. I hope he starts by going 3-0 vs csu with an ass-whipping of the sheep:thumbsup:
Agreed. however, the basic point of this thread was to show that we will be OK with Cody at the helm.. He doesn't SUCK. He is not GREAT.... and hell, next year, he might even be GOOD!

never was impressed with boogereater, he was all mouth and no arm when I saw him play in Norman, San Antonio, and KC.

Freeman.... ya what was his w-l record for KSU

Harrell another "system qb" of Leach's system at TTech.

and Ganz I agree underrated, definitely a gamer.

and OU's offensive line will be just fine... Not worried about Sam at all....

Name one. Better yet, name one that went bowling...enough said.

Exactly. I admit I'm completely confused by Snow's tone in this thread. It is like he is trying to convince us that Cody does not suck, but he is not sure he is good either. What kind of endorsement is that?:confused:

2007 Cody's stats were:

239 for 424, 2,693 yards, 19 Tds, 15 interceptions, 2 fumbles lost

2008 Cody's stats were:

183 for 320, 1,892 yards, 17 Tds, 10 interceptions, 4 fumbles lost

31 turnovers in 24 games.

I totally agree about Bradford. If you look at what UF did against him in the NCG, the pressure made him throw bad passes all night. Remember, he was not sacked or even put on his ass all season long. How will he respond if that changes? OU's D should be much improved this year and they will still be in the top 10, but I could easily see them losing 2-3 games if teams can get him rattled.
As far as Cody goes, if he can somehow win the starting spot, it is always an advantage to have a battle tested QB in a major conference like this.

2007 Cody's stats were:

2008 Cody's stats were:

Add in the heightened number of tipped passes and you begin to understand why people might be just a bit uneasy with him as QB.

2007 Cody's stats were:

2008 Cody's stats were:

I know a QB who has 38 turnovers in his last two seasons and many posters on this board think he is the second coming.

Cody may be good, but he will not get us 10 wins. Maybe 7, we need at the very least a combination of both Cody and Tyler, with Tyler taking over as the season progresses. Cody may have more experience, but he will always have physical limitations that he can only compensate for but not completely erase with his gameplay. Cody will still be inconsistent, I predict he'll have aawesome games but an equal amount of mediocre games. I dont think Cody is the answer, as the competition in the BigXII will ALWAYS be good. We need a QB more capable that Cody. He might be a decent coach, but Tyler with more experience will replce him.

JMHO, I'm with others who believe we need someone other than Cody. The trick is finding one.

Exactly. I admit I'm completely confused by Snow's tone in this thread. It is like he is trying to convince us that Cody does not suck, but he is not sure he is good either. What kind of endorsement is that?:confused:

Snowballer is just snowballing Cody. :lol:

I totally agree about Bradford. If you look at what UF did against him in the NCG, the pressure made him throw bad passes all night. Remember, he was not sacked or even put on his ass all season long. How will he respond if that changes? OU's D should be much improved this year and they will still be in the top 10, but I could easily see them losing 2-3 games if teams can get him rattled.
As far as Cody goes, if he can somehow win the starting spot, it is always an advantage to have a battle tested QB in a major conference like this.

Look at OU's schedule and tell me what "2-3" teams you see them losing to in 2009.

Bradford didn't play Heisman-esque in the BCS title game, but he didn't play horrible, either. 26-41 for 256 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's isn't horrible. The difference in the game wasn't Bradford - it was OU's inability to get the tough yard when they needed to. Bradford isn't a running QB. He's a pocket QB. OU never had anybody who could take over the rushing game. OU had the ball multiple times inside Florida's 5 yard line and could never do anything with it. Florida had Tim Tebow when they got into those situations.

I know a QB who has 38 turnovers in his last two seasons and many posters on this board think he is the second coming.

Ok, not sure who you are referring to, but that doesn't change the fact that Cody has averaged more then 1 turnover per game.

Baylor's Griffin had 3 interceptions last year as a true freshman.

Back