What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coleman 15th After Day One Of NCAA West Regional

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
TEMSBJEZIBQXDHB.20130509200317.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Jenny Coleman put a consistent round into the books Thursday at the NCAA West Regional.

Photo Courtesy: CUBuffs.com
Coleman 15th After Day One Of NCAA West Regional

Release: 05/09/2013 Courtesy: Curtis Snyder, Associate SID

STANFORD, Calif.—Junior Jenny Coleman enjoyed an impressive first round at the 2013 NCAA Western Regional here Thursday and is tied for 15th place after shooting a 1-over par 72.

Coleman is participating at an individual for the Buffaloes on the 6,267-yard layout at the par 71 Stanford Golf Course. She teed off in the morning wave and was impressive throughout her opening round with two birdies and three bogeys. She scored par on the first three holes before a bogey on the 146-yard, par-3 No. 4 put her at 1-over, but bounced right back with seven consecutive pars.

“My ball-striking was solid and I hit a few good bunker shots,” Coleman said. “My putting was just okay, I’m still working on that. The course is difficult and you can pretty easily put yourself in some bad spots. We played here my freshman year and it was raining, so it’s hard to know if the course is playing more difficult than it was then, but they moved the tee boxes back and made it a little longer.”

She came back to even par with a birdie on the Par 5 No. 12. After back-to-back bogeys on Nos. 13 and 14 put her at 2-over, she immediately rebounded with a birdie on the par 4 No. 15. She then closed out with three pars to finish the back nine even, giving her a 36-36—72 scorecard for the day.

“My two bogeys on the back nine were just a couple of bad putts,” Coleman said. “On the two birdies, I hit good approach shots and then made the putts. It was nice to get a birdie after the two bogeys and then par out and not lose any strokes to close out.”

The 72 is tied for the seventh best NCAA Regional round in CU history and matches her second-best round at an NCAA Regional. She had a 69 in the final round of last year’s NCAA Western Regional, hosted by the Buffs at Colorado National Golf Course, after shooting a second round 72. Her final round effort helped the Buffs storm from below the cut to a fourth place finish to earn the program’s first trip to the NCAA Championships.

Southern California’s Annie Park is leading the medalist race after carding at 4-under par 67 in the first round, while Georgia’s Emilie Burger is right on her coattails at 3-under par 68. Two others are in at 2-under 69, three are at 1-under 70 and seven players tied for eighth after scoring even par efforts.

Coleman will be in the afternoon wave for Friday’s second round and will tee off at 1:45 p.m. MDT on No. 10.

“Tomorrow I will work on maintaining my full swing and just try to save a few strokes with my putting and see what happens,” Coleman concluded.

No. 7 Vanderbilt leads the team standings at 5-over par 289, while top-ranked Southern California is just one stroke back at 6-over par 290. No. 12 Purdue is in third (291), with No. 40 Oregon (292) and No. 19 Baylor (295) rounding out the top five.

from cubuffs.com

Back