What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 9/12

CarolinaBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Not trying to replace Mtn's previews but not sure if he's gonna do them and the first weekend of major college football is here with 10 ACC teams and 7 Big 12 teams in action. All the Big 12 games are against G5 or FCS opponents but in the ACC there are 4 conference games.

Syracuse at UNC, noon Eastern ACCN
Tar Heels are getting a lot of love and were picked to finish 3rd in the conference by the media. Sam Howell might be the best QB in the conference after Lawrence. No divisions in the ACC this year and the top 2 teams will play in the conference championship game.

Duke at ND, 2:30 Eastern NBC
ND is the clear-cut choice to finish 2nd in the conference and play Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC Championship. Ian Book returns for ND but they lost their top 3 receivers and their top rusher.

Georgia Tech at FSU, 3:30 Eastern ABC
Coaching debut for Mike Norvell at FSU while GT is rebuilding and expected to struggle

Clemson at Wake Forest, 7:30 Eastern ABC
Clemson is preseason #1 and has outscored Wake 115-6 the past 2 years in this series. Dabo should be able to get his backups plenty of time in this one.

College Gameday will be live from Winston-Salem with no fans of course. Chris Paul will be the guest picker.

This season will certainly look different but different is better than not having any college football.

Wonderful Fall evening tonight, we left early it was a blowout for our local kids. I'd venture there was around 2K in attendance (2A) best $5.00 I've spent in a while. Sat next to some really nice people who's son played with Courtland Sutton at Brenham High. Never know who you're going to run into at TX high school football game been a few years I went to a Cameron Yeo game (3A) and shared a bag of popcorn with a member of D D Westbrook's family.

Wish I was doing the previews, I have fun doing them and like to see what I can slip in on a weekly basis.

Just not feeling it this year. It's an other games thread but with the Buffs not playing it isn't other games.

Also the PAC isn't playing, the B1G isn't playing, the other P5 conferences are all modifying their schedules and my gut tells me that the season isn't going to end as they planned.

Locally the MWC isn't playing, same for the Big Sky. In the RMAC most of the teams aren't playing including the ones that are the best teams, they are planning by the way to start in October but in Colorado only Mesa has a relatively full schedule, the RMAC has one game listed for Western, the rest are off the schedule.

I'm trying to watch and I'd rather have games on than not, but it has that atmosphere we se with the minor bowl games. Sports entertainment, even on tv, is driven so much by the live audience.

I wish the NCAA had grown some balls and made decisions for all of college athletics...

It makes no damn sense that Iowa State is playing a game "safely" in Ames, but it is too dangerous to play 37mi down the road in Des Moines.

I'm trying to watch and I'd rather have games on than not, but it has that atmosphere we se with the minor bowl games. Sports entertainment, even on tv, is driven so much by the live audience.

There's no doubt the atmosphere is nothing close to normal but needless to say nothing is normal now. In a season like this we just have to take what we can get and roll with it.

I wish the NCAA had grown some balls and made decisions for all of college athletics...

It makes no damn sense that Iowa State is playing a game "safely" in Ames, but it is too dangerous to play 37mi down the road in Des Moines.
It’s not the NCAA’s decision.

KSU not sharp against Arkansas State. Red Wolves just tied the score 21 each late in the 3Q.

ND also playing in front of fans yet Indiana and Purdue not playingIMG_20200912_152828.jpg

Arkansas St. takes the lead with :38 to go. Wow. Their QB is really good.

I like the idea of college football starting after Labor Day like the NFL going forward. I don't care if this means conference championship games are pushed closer to mid-December as a result.

Watched Duke-ND...still weird to see ND playing in a conference. Given where this country could be next year, there might be a second ACC season in store for the Irish.

Nice job by ND today with this game. They had a decent atmosphere with students in the stands and also managed to have the band there.

Watched Duke-ND...still weird to see ND playing in a conference. Given where this country could be next year, there might be a second ACC season in store for the Irish.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up joining the ACC permanently

Back