What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Could be. Oregon has some ridiculous athletes on defense, so if it comes together, look out... but who is QB1?

No doubt. The Oregon defense should be filthy.

FWIW, Anthony Brown has taken all the snaps with the ones so far in spring ball, which I suspect you already know. Brown has limited upside in my opinion, due to questionable accuracy and decision making. He played well the last two games, but outcomes may be a bit different once opponents can scout him better. The Oregon offense is not dynamic anymore. To me, that’s the major headline for their program.

Something tells me Clay Helton will find a way to compete for the south while playing poor football and relying purely on talent and they will be right there with Utah at the end for the south.
They'll do what they always do

McDonald's bags full of cash are no big deal but better not let those QC assistants on the field during practice.

NCAA is steaming pile of what qualifies as a hill in ****braska.
It's actually infuriating to me. There's literal evidence and testimony of half the SEC paying recruits and it's complete radio silence from the NCAA, but they've never encountered a bad mid major program they won't bust for irrelevant "violations".

dana dimel, name is a blast from the past.

i always thought Charlie Brewer was a pretty good QB times i saw him for Baylor. though, without relent, i pulled for his team to lose and lose big.

No doubt. The Oregon defense should be filthy.

FWIW, Anthony Brown has taken all the snaps with the ones so far in spring ball, which I suspect you already know. Brown has limited upside in my opinion, due to questionable accuracy and decision making. He played well the last two games, but outcomes may be a bit different once opponents can scout him better. The Oregon offense is not dynamic anymore. To me, that’s the major headline for their program.

Yeah, the struggles at WR for Oregon are particularly glaring.

I really think Cal makes a serious run at the North title if their offense is just average.

Something tells me Clay Helton will find a way to compete for the south while playing poor football and relying purely on talent and they will be right there with Utah at the end for the south.

Can USC protect Slovis against the top teams in the conference?

Yeah, the struggles at WR for Oregon are particularly glaring.

I really think Cal makes a serious run at the North title if their offense is just average.
The north seems pretty wide open. You would think Washington would be ready to make their move. They have a lot of talent, but they did not look good last year, albeit with some key opt outs.

The north seems pretty wide open. You would think Washington would be ready to make their move. They have a lot of talent, but they did not look good last year, albeit with some key opt outs.

I think Washington losing their DC to Texas was a big loss.

But they have had some nice adds from the portal.

I think Washington losing their DC to Texas was a big loss.

But they have had some nice adds from the portal.
Big year for Lake, IMO. Of course he's not in danger of losing his job, but he needs to prove he can keep that ship sailing at the same level or higher than CP.

Big year for Lake, IMO. Of course he's not in danger of losing his job, but he needs to prove he can keep that ship sailing at the same level or higher than CP.

This season and next season will tell a lot. Very possible Huard makes a run at all-conference honors next season after a redshirt year in 2021 (which I believe is still the plan).

They did, but Utah still won free agency.

No doubt. A team we have not mentioned that is lurking in the background is ASU. Lots of pretty good teams, but which teams can make the jump to very good or great?

The only confident prediction about the conference I can make right now is that Arizona and Wazzu will be terrible.

Against an Oregon/Cal/Utah defense? I don't think so. But I don't think Utah is going undefeated in the south so I see USC/Utah fighting till the end for the South's title. Wouldn't be at all surprised if that was a tie based on head to head

They draw Utah, Cal, and Notre Dame in the regular season. Just not sure they can keep Slovis healthy the whole season.

As an aside, their OOC schedule is tougher than it appears at first glance with SJSU and BYU in addition to Notre Dame.

If Jayden Daniels takes another step forward I think ASU will win the conference, or at least the South. Think he is the conference player of the year if that happens.

Daniels is definitely the wild card.

Honestly, of the three "favorites" (ASU, USC, Utah), I think USC has the biggest bust factor.

Daniels is definitely the wild card.

Honestly, of the three "favorites" (ASU, USC, Utah), I think USC has the biggest bust factor.
Most certainly. USC will lose 2-3 just like they do every year. Look like world beaters at times and then lose 1-2 in massive head scratching fashion.

Do they finally move on from Helton after this year?

Chalking up USC as same old same, but propping up ASU as a legitimate threat in the division, let alone the conference? Come on, guys.
Daniels is the best player in the conference, IMO. We'll see if that materializes and the reason why I like them so much.

Helton is a dead man walking and has been for a few years. He knows it, the kids know it, the fans know it. They compound that by playing a brand of offense that limits the talent they have massively. You think they take a step forward this year?

Back