What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

so, if the game gets to a 3rd OT, the game will be decided purely by special teams try plays -- no offense, no defense, no kickoffs, no punts... just trys.

I think I hate that even worse than the system we've had the last several years.
Maybe that’s the rationale for Wazzu using special teams instead of a coin flip at the start of their spring game?

Why would you go to 12 instead of 16? Oh, so the SEC teams can get a bye the first weekend, of course. :mad:
Eh, more SEC teams will make a 12 team playoff, but I don't see it meaning more SEC teams getting one of the four byes. Bama, Clemson, tOSU and then OU/ND/UGA probably.

Eh, more SEC teams will make a 12 team playoff, but I don't see it meaning more SEC teams getting one of the four byes. Bama, Clemson, tOSU and then OU/ND/UGA probably.
Whatever. The limitation on playoff teams has always been number of games played in a season. Both 16-team and 12-team playoffs require some teams to play 4 games. The 12-team format provides a competitive benefit of a bye to 4 teams for no good reason. And actually an unwarranted benefit since it will be based on a committee’s decision, not on head-to-head competition like the PAC 12 basketball tournament. It’s this competitive advantage that explains certain teams’ support of a 12 rather than a 16-team playoff.

Last edited:
We are going to need to re-brand FBS and FCS football perhaps back to I-A and I-AA if the FBS playoffs are going to grow.

And I'm here to remind you that the FCS playoffs is currently at 24 teams. Even if it was 16 this season, the MVFC managed to get five teams into that playoff. It's almost a sure bet that the SEC could match those numbers in a 12 to 16 team FBS playoff.

I like 12 for fairness of the top 4 earning a bye.

But even if they started with that, it won't last long. Not having the 4 highest ranked teams play leaves way too much money on the table.

I think 16 is the ultimate goal, but they can’t just go from 4 to 16 in one step. I think 16 is actually a very appropriate number. There will be grumbling from the #17 team, but how likely is it, especially in today’s college football landscape, that the #17 team would beat the #1 team? Maybe once in 20 tries?

Seeding starts to matter a lot more with more teams. The committee needs to improve in that regard.

I'm seeing differing reactions to this. Some see the first part of the tweet and think this is a great thing for recruiting to Georgia universities, while others see the second part and say "good luck recruiting to Georgia universities".
I can see why it could be a good policy to spread some cash around (obviously, given my political inclinations). but 75% of ALL income? wow!

Redistribution of those revenues is the only way you can do it and remain compliant with Title IX, IMO. There are competing interests at play here and some group will be upset with whatever solution is produced.

How so? It's individual income, not institution spending.
But it’s not really individual income, though. At least the way I’m seeing it. If they accept the scholarship, they accept the rules. If they don’t want to be fettered by the parameters around which they can earn that money, there is nothing stopping them from leaving school and truly “earning” that individual income.

But it’s not really individual income, though. At least the way I’m seeing it. If they accept the scholarship, they accept the rules. If they don’t want to be fettered by the parameters around which they can earn that money, there is nothing stopping them from leaving school and truly “earning” that individual income.
If a student-athlete gets to make money of off their Instagram, they shouldn't have to share it with other student-athletes.

Is the money paid to the school or the student?

If it gets passed, the Georgia schools will pick a hopefully fair percentage or even 0% and heavily advertise that they aren't doing the full 75%. Will still be negatively recruited but that's the best they can do since the bill says "up to 75" not "at minimum 75"

Back