What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Will there ever be a moment where Black players just all choose to go to school in friendlier states and not in the SE? The power of the many has never been exercised, and it could be staggering if it ever was.

Will there ever be a moment where Black players just all choose to go to school in friendlier states and not in the SE? The power of the many has never been exercised, and it could be staggering if it ever was.
If Deion can get some things rolling, I could see the HBCU's starting to grab some top flight talent. But I wouldn't count on many going to schools outside of their region. Proximity to home is the #1 factor in college choices for athletes.

If Deion can get some things rolling, I could see the HBCU's starting to grab some top flight talent. But I wouldn't count on many going to schools outside of their region. Proximity to home is the #1 factor in college choices for athletes.
Agreed, I am thinking that Black Players could easily make the choice that ASU, Stanford, Colorado, Washington, Maryland and all the other programs with Black Coaches located in more favorable political locations could significantly maneuver the sport and the politics to a whole new direction. Dabo and Saban and a lot of the SEC Coaches, Big 12 Coaches, and even Big 10 Coaches maybe do not deserve all the services of the Black Players anymore. I agree with Deion and the HBCU's

Agreed, I am thinking that Black Players could easily make the choice that ASU, Stanford, Colorado, Washington, Maryland and all the other programs with Black Coaches located in more favorable political locations could significantly maneuver the sport and the politics to a whole new direction. Dabo and Saban and a lot of the SEC Coaches, Big 12 Coaches, and even Big 10 Coaches maybe do not deserve all the services of the Black Players anymore. I agree with Deion and the HBCU's
In a perfect world yes.

Reality is that the SEC/ACC schools pay much better and do a better job of selling the dream of the NFL.

Add to that the hesitancy to leave behind family and a place you are comfortable with and you get the current state of college sports.

In a perfect world yes.

Reality is that the SEC/ACC schools pay much better and do a better job of selling the dream of the NFL.

Add to that the hesitancy to leave behind family and a place you are comfortable with and you get the current state of college sports.
When you say "pay much better", you do not mean under-the-table payments to kids, do you?
If the places where Black Athletes would be more respected, with Black Head Coaches would collude, it would be a game-changer.
I get the hesitancy, but things can be organized and communicated so much differently these days!
I guess the issue is also the built-in advantages of the high schools in Florida, Texas and the other Southern States, something that is weak in other places.

Hard pass. Let’s just take the most exciting overtime outside of the NHL and make it boring.
Why not just play more football? Other than health issue?

the 25 yard line thing is artificial, especially the advantage of winning the coin flip.

It’s not.

All equal possessions No clock. No ties. No 2 point rule.

not the same. All all.
You're advocating for the same OT system college has currently, but instead of starting on the opponent 25, they start on their own 25, which will inevitably lead to a lot games just being punt fests. The whole point of the current system is to ensure scoring opportunities on a single possession.

I could get behind moving it back to mid field to force the offenses to have to pick up a first down or two before attempting a long FG

You're advocating for the same OT system college has currently, but instead of starting on the opponent 25, they start on their own 25, which will inevitably lead to a lot games just being punt fests. The whole point of the current system is to ensure scoring opportunities on a single possession.

I could get behind moving it back to mid field to force the offenses to have to pick up a first down or two before attempting a long FG
Yeah Duff mentioned the 50 not long ago, I agree with that one. The 25 is too ****ing easy. Hell, you're already in fg range from there.

Yeah Duff mentioned the 50 not long ago, I agree with that one. The 25 is too ****ing easy. Hell, you're already in fg range from there.
I think that is actually the coolest part about it. It’s a great way of getting the three most critical parts of the game in a shorter amount of time (offense, defense and field goal kicking) but I honestly don’t care as much about punts and kickoffs. It is just so damn entertaining despite the issues and I’m perfectly okay with that

I think that is actually the coolest part about it. It’s a great way of getting the three most critical parts of the game in a shorter amount of time (offense, defense and field goal kicking) but I honestly don’t care as much about punts and kickoffs. It is just so damn entertaining despite the issues and I’m perfectly okay with that
That's cool, we just look at it different. (y)

I think the rule as it currently is constructed places a greater emphasis on the kicking game. Just ask Scott Frost about how important it is to have a guy you can rely on from 40 yards in.

OKLAHOMA DRILL!
yelling steve carell GIF

I'd be OK going back to no OT and just leaving it as a tie if that's the score at end of regulation.

Back