What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Can you please explain how it's not
I see a world of difference between "how the rules are setup" vs "what strategy a team / coach employs within a given set of rules".

you gif was addressing the latter, mine the former. get rid of OT, but by all means, coaches and players should "play to win", not "play for the tie".

I see a world of difference between "how the rules are setup" vs "what strategy a team / coach employs within a given set of rules".

you gif was addressing the latter, mine the former. get rid of OT, but by all means, coaches and players should "play to win", not "play for the tie".
Ties are stupid. Figure out a way to find a winner of the football game that gets played one time a week. That was my point.

This isn't the old days, there should be no ties. I'm remember back in the 80s and early 90s where it wasn't real uncommon to see them.

ESPN has an article posted today that Alabama is expected to win the National title again, despite losing weapons all over the field from this years National Championship team. How, the article asked: "The Tide have signed 77 ESPN 300 players in their past four recruiting classes"

WOW! 77 top 300 players in a four year span :oops:

ESPN has an article posted today that Alabama is expected to win the National title again, despite losing weapons all over the field from this years National Championship team. How, the article asked: "The Tide have signed 77 ESPN 300 players in their past four recruiting classes"

WOW! 77 top 300 players in a four year span :oops:
Yes, that is impressive, but keep in mind that is 77 of 1200 over a 4 year span. Not 25% of the Top 300 in a single year.

Yes, that is impressive, but keep in mind that is 77 of 1200 over a 4 year span. Not 25% of the Top 300 in a single year.
I would take 77 over the 10 from CU in that same time period. The Buffs 10 include Grant Polley and Jason Harris who never played, 4 JC transfers and Moretti, leaving only 3 players who were signed out of HS who have actually played. That 77 number is enormous from both a talent and depth perspective.

Back