What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football's Most Overrated

Texas would be a middle of the road $EC team. If KSU can beat them? No disrespect to Snyder.

This is the Truth. There is only so much you can do without paying players. Texas runs the best clean program in the nation - but you can't compete with SEC programs - they play by different rules.

Texas would be a middle of the road $EC team. If KSU can beat them? No disrespect to Snyder.

Texas still has the talent that should have them competing with anybody in the country. Mack Brown is a middle of the road coach that happens to be a great recruiter. He should have a lot more national titles by now.

IMO though if you want the most overatted program in college football, the winner has to be LSU. What a joke of a program. So damn lucky they even got to the title game last year. I bet LSU would be a middle of the road MWC program. CSU could probably smoke LSU, no contest.

Last edited:
Irish yoga.jpg
Texas still has the talent that should have them competing with anybody in the country. Mack Brown is a middle of the road coach that happens to be a great recruiter. He should have a lot more national titles by now.

IMO though if you want the most overatted program in college football, the winner has to be LSU. What a joke of a program. So damn lucky they even got to the title game last year. I bet LSU would be a middle of the road MWC program. CSU could probably smoke LSU, no contest.

Your'e right, 13 wins in a season is a real embarrassment. Tiger fans should hide their heads in the sand. Maybe one day the MWC will invite LSU, and they can leave that p($$y SEC, and play a real schedule.

Last edited:
View attachment 8796

Your'e right, 13 wins in a season is a real embarrassment. Tiger fans should hide their heads in the sand. Maybe one day the MWC will invite LSU, and they can leave that p($$y SEC, and play a real schedule.

Absolute pathetic play from LSU, horrible. If I were to rank the programs in the state of Louisiana it would be the following

1. Tulane
2. LA-L
3. LA-M
4. LSU
5. LA tech

Absolute pathetic play from LSU, horrible. If I were to rank the programs in the state of Louisiana it would be the following

1. Tulane
2. LA-L
3. LA-M
4. LSU
5. LA tech

No NDSU? They'd obliterate LSU and would have scored 55 on Bama's D.

1. Tulane
2. LA-L
3. LA-M
4. LSU
5. LA tech

after 28 years at CU and 20+ natl chmps, i went on to LA Tech. Beat those ****ers at #8LSU my 2nd year in and am sitting at 7-1 (stupid SJSU).
LA-L DEAD MEN!!!
LA-M DEAD MEN!!!
Tulane?...... DEAD!!!!!!

now. where is mrs wormer?

absolute pathetic play from lsu, horrible. If i were to rank the programs in the state of louisiana it would be the following

1. Tulane
2. La-l
3. La-m
4. La-tech
5. Mcneese state
6. Nichols state
7. Southeastern louisiana
8. Lsu
fify

how bout underrated. Florida State and Nebrasksa called NDSU for a game. Our AD told them they couldnt afford it

That's probably true. The amount of money smaller programs receive for "Pay to Play" games is usually directly proportional to the level of ass-kicking and embarrassment they'll be forced to endure.

UGA would have been my first guess. ATM seems more "underachieving" based on their recruiting (which also may be inflated at times)....but i thought they would be pretty good last year but took a big step back on D and blew some big leads several weeks in a row and that was that.

no one has commented how Nebraska is basically the most overrated in TWO conferences. hehe.

discounting their own fans estimation of themselves in an existential sort of way, i wouldn't say UT is overrated...but, i do think they were clearly the 2nd best team in the vintage Big XII. they won the first conf championship and then only two after that. wha? in 16 years? i'd be more impressed with UT's total win numbers if they played some deece OOC games and traveled outside the state of Texas OOC instead of rehashing former SWC cupcake "rivalries".

Last edited:
Because they always make it to a BCS game. Granted, they lose the game, but they're usually there...

They are 6-3 in BCS Bowls... 5-3 if you don't want to count the vacated game vs Arkansas. I'd say that's pretty good. And when did Colorado win a BCS Bowl?:lol::lol::lol:

Teams that choke in BCS Bowls:

Virginia Tech, Florida State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.

They are 6-3 in BCS Bowls... 5-3 if you don't want to count the vacated game vs Arkansas. I'd say that's pretty good. And when did Colorado win a BCS Bowl?:lol::lol::lol:

Teams that choke in BCS Bowls:

Virginia Tech, Florida State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.

Hey whatever happened to UW being in the dance like you said?

Embarrassed? When was your last Sweet 16? Last Regular Season Conference Title?

You're missing my point. I'm embarrassed for you because of the lame argument to which you retreated.

Last year when many pundits across the nation felt we'd been snubbed by the NCAA Tournament, we still experienced relative success in the NIT. But, when the question went out "would you rather win the NIT or go one and out in the NCAA" we nearly all agreed that we would have preferred to go one and out in the NCAA.

Your argument seemed desperate and sad. That's why I'm embarrassed for you.

Embarrassed? When was your last Sweet 16? Last Regular Season Conference Title?

I don't think any of us are in the mood for this right now. Even though you are trolling for an emotional response and some posters like tini and BCS will give you that response. I just don't have the hatred for Washington or its fans as much as any of our former dysfunctional family.

Congrats on still playing in the NIT. Win the whole thing! Represent the PAC-12 well. We are going to be the best MBB conference next year.

You're missing my point. I'm embarrassed for you because of the lame argument to which you retreated.

Last year when many pundits across the nation felt we'd been snubbed by the NCAA Tournament, we still experienced relative success in the NIT. But, when the question went out "would you rather win the NIT or go one and out in the NCAA" we nearly all agreed that we would have preferred to go one and out in the NCAA.

Your argument seemed desperate and sad. That's why I'm embarrassed for you.
Snubbed? You had an 8-8 conference record and Finished Tied for 5th in your conference. That's much different than Finishing 1st outright and going 14-4 in conference.

Snubbed? You had an 8-8 conference record and Finished Tied for 5th in your conference. That's much different than Finishing 1st outright and going 14-4 in conference.

And yet we went dancing, beat UNLV, got loads of national press, etc while
UW got none of that.

And yet we went dancing, beat UNLV, got loads of national press, etc while
UW got none of that.

But that's not what we're discussing, 'tini. That's what Dub wants to discuss. If I remember correctly, the topic at hand is how lame Dub's argument was when he said, "at least we're still playing."

You've got to admit that even you feel a little sorry for him, don't you?

But that's not what we're discussing, 'tini. That's what Dub wants to discuss. If I remember correctly, the topic at hand is how lame Dub's argument was when he said, "at least we're still playing."

You've got to admit that even you feel a little sorry for him, don't you?

Yeah. I don't think he really knows what he's trying to argue and won't admit it.

Back